ConsoleCity Forums

ConsoleCity Forums (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Super Bowl LI (http://www.consolecity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233328)

Jerome January 19th, 2017 10:31 AM

Super Bowl LI

Only two more games before the Super Bowl. As long as my Green Bay Packers beat Atlanta I don't care too much who comes out of the AFC, although I wouldn't mind seeing a Packers/Steelers rematch. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization. I'm hoping for two upsets. Who you got?

Packers vs Falcons
Steelers vs Patriots

Pahn January 27th, 2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome (Post 1650355)
Only two more games before the Super Bowl. As long as my Green Bay Packers beat Atlanta I don't care too much who comes out of the AFC, although I wouldn't mind seeing a Packers/Steelers rematch. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization. I'm hoping for two upsets. Who you got?

Packers vs Falcons
Steelers vs Patriots

Ouch.

Go Falcons!

Old Fart Gamer January 30th, 2017 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1650521)
Ouch.

Go Falcons!

Seriously.

Jerome January 30th, 2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1650521)
Ouch.

Haha, it was wishful thinking on my part. I knew the Packers defense wasn't going to be able to stop the Falcons offense. I was just hoping Green Bay would be able to keep pace... which they obviously could not do. They obviously couldn't afford to miss field goals and fumble the ball near the end zone and expect to win vs Atlanta on the road.

Oh well... I'll be cheering for the Falcons, and hope the Packers draft and sign a bunch of defensive players for next season :)

SmAsHeD IxNaY February 5th, 2017 06:04 PM

Not a Patriots fan, but I hope they win. I just wanna see Brady get #5, because I don't know if I'll see anything like this again in my life time.

Pahn February 8th, 2017 10:32 PM

Stupid Falcons.

Jerome February 9th, 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1650723)
Stupid Falcons.

Haha, yup. Although on the plus side for me, whenever I think about the time the Packers blew the 2014 NFC Championship game against the Seahawks, I can say to myself "well at least they didn't blow a 25 point lead, by giving up 31 unanswered points, in the Super Bowl."

Pahn February 12th, 2017 06:45 PM

Seriously. The offensive coordinator or whatever deserves his job at the 49ers.

"Hey, we need a yard and to kill the clock? PASS!"

Jerome February 12th, 2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahn (Post 1650771)
Seriously. The offensive coordinator or whatever deserves his job at the 49ers.

"Hey, we need a yard and to kill the clock? PASS!"

I know the Falcons were an up-tempo offense this season, but I was shaking my head when they were snapping the ball with 10+ seconds left on the play clock, in the 4th quarter, holding a slim lead.