Dragon's Dogma - Capcom's Skyrim
Capcom's take on the western RPG genre is here, and so far the reviews are looking mixed. Seems like a very love/hate game. I should have it today, I'll give it some playtime this week.
- Game Revolution - 9 - "The level design and unforgettable bosses surpass even that of Skyrim."
- GameTrailers - 8.7 - "If you're the kind of player that can get completely lost in these sorts of open world RPGs, you're going to eat Dragon's Dogma alive. "
- Machinima -8.5 - "Dragon's Dogma is the ballsiest, most ambitious thing Capcom has attempted in years."
- G4TV - 4 out of 5 - "This is one of those promising rough-around-the-edges experiences where you can't help but want a sequel even before your first playthrough is complete. "
- EuroGamer - 8 - "Dragon's Dogma is a great fantasy game, where the lack of a multiplayer experience is compensated from an impressive single player. The Pawn's IA works great and if you're looking for an epic experience, this Capcom game is your best option right now. Pity for the long loading times and some frame rate drops that prevent the game from reaching higher scores. "
- Destructoid - 7.5 - "Just grit your teeth, fight through the pain, and the rewards are there. "
- OXM - 6 - "Much like the main character's chest cavity, this RPG ultimately feels hollow, with no real heart."
- Joystiq - 2 out of 5 - "Any brief flickers of fun I came across were consistently extinguished by the game's oppressive flaws."
Last edited by bigloser : May 23rd, 2012 at 02:37 AM.