ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

View Poll Results: Pre-order a Xbox One?
Yes, Absolutely, No Doubt 7 21.21%
No, Never, Absolutely Not, When Hell Freezes Over – likely not then either 15 45.45%
Maybe, Will Think About It 3 9.09%
Screw Xbox One, PS4 All the Way 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough
Games Owned: 2029
Games Wanted: 8

Virtua V
Question Are you Pre-Ordering the Xbox One?

I just pre bought my Xbox One – first preorder at the store I frequent. GameStop, and I'm sure other retailers, have initial pre-order allotment restrictions that will make it very difficult to secure the console if not reserved early.

That said, who (other than me) is going to pony up $500 and is comfortable dealing with DRM and other supposed hardships said to impact gaming on the Xbox One console?

Last edited by Game Rogue : June 10th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375
Games Wanted: 0

BizzyBum
maybe, but probably not.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Virtua V
Reserve your Day One Edition today. Be first to experience Xbox One with the Day One Edition. Available in limited quantities, it features...

• Commemorative controller
  • Exclusive achievement
  • Day One Xbox Live Gold membership
  • Killer Instinct: Round One, with w/ exclusive Shadow Jago character
Plus, reserve Day One Editions of Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals and Dead Rising 3 to unlock unique items and experiences.

Old June 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week. Oh, and Killer Instinct...Fuck yeah!
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Virtua V
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle View Post
I have had my name on a list at EB Games since the initial announcement. They weren't allowing actual pre-orders yet, so I'll do that next week.
Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.

Old June 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #6
molsonmuscle

molsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nicemolsonmuscle is just really nice
Games Owned: 15
Send a message via MSN to molsonmuscle Send a message via Yahoo to molsonmuscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Rogue View Post
Word of warning... the high volumn GS I go to was allotted 12 Xbox Ones for pre-order - this store and from my understanding many in the Las Vegas area are already sold out - who know they (GS) might reopen reserves later??? Not sure of availbility are GS/EB nation wide, but i'd be quick about it.

Oh, you can get Xbox One bundles online http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one too.
I gotta be honest...After the press conference from Sony tonight...I'm kind of leaning PS4 off launch right now. It's probably going to have the bigger install base. The only think I'm kind of worried about is I'm primarily a sports gamer, and EA and MS seem to have something goin on there.
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light
Games Owned: 375

BizzyBum
Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I've never pre-ordered a game or game console, and I doubt I ever will. With a backlog like mine and no interest in online gaming, it's a complete waste of money.
Old August 25th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #9
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts
Games Owned: 0

Freakish Mind
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
it's a complete waste of money.

I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM   #10
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
I have seen your game library. For you to claim getting a new system is a waste of money, I laugh at you sir.

anyways, Got my XBox One pre ordered today. Not sure what games I'm getting yet at launch, but Forza will be one of them. Also Gamestop is running a deal now with a bunch of games, If you buy the game at release date for the 360, You can get it for only $10 when it launches for the One, by trading your other game in for it.
I said that it's a waste of money for me to get it at launch BECAUSE of my current library.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM   #11
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Will there be a demand for these things come november?

I feel there will be thx to COD and BF.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM   #12
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future
Games Owned: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Well fuck it, just went to GameStop and pre-ordered:

Xbox One
CoD: Ghosts
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Kinect Sports Rivals
Ryse

PS4
Killzone

BF4 and Watchdogs will be had on the PC.
Well, we know you are single!
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM   #13
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
NOt sure which one i'm getting but i have both systems preordered, i'll probably resell both for a big profit.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM   #14
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
They will sell briskly. All the drama will be forgotten.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #15
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road
Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
I've never been one to pre-order things and that's not about to change here. Getting the Xbox One and PS4 sometime after launch when they're more readily available. The Xbox One being region-free for gaming is a huge relief!
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #16
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
I've used the PS4 controller. It's not much improved. It's basically the same.
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #17
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 180
Until they switch the positioning of the D-pad and left control stick it is the same old PS controller. I own both the 360 and PS3 and always just "put up with" the PS3 controller. I'm leaning towards PS4 as my first purchase and will likely get some kind of Xbone controller adaptor.
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #18
Pahn

I really want to try the Wii U's gamepad. They swapped the ABXY buttons and the right analog stick.

For shooters, there should probably be buttons on the back of the controller, like the Steam controller. Since they're the #1 genre right now (probably), I'd design around that.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #19
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
that is disappointing to hear. the PSX controller was extremely awkward to me then, and somehow it never felt much better. OH! There have been worse controllers, but none that haunted me for 14 years.

also was the deciding factor when I bought the Xbox consoles. I loved the Sega Dreamcast controller, it was my favorite to date. (There was a grey madcatz DC controller with blue rubber grips, but still). The Xbox improved on those and that matters to me.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: