ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old December 19th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #26
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
i don't think not owning a cd player or radio is weird these days

if you have a pc and a phone, that's pretty much all you need

now tell me you don't have a cellphone, that's weird to me
Old December 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #27
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod1983 View Post
I love my Bose noise canceling headphones...overpriced, maybe, but they work great.
THAT SHIT WILL FUCK UP YOUR HEARING!!!!!!

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #28
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
i don't think not owning a cd player or radio is weird these days

if you have a pc and a phone, that's pretty much all you need

now tell me you don't have a cellphone, that's weird to me
I don't own a microwave or a TV either. But I do have a Cell Phone, A Tablet, and a Convection Oven.
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #29
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
I'm going to play devil's advocate.

If you don't want a small radio for in-home listening, neither the Bose Wave Radio nor any alternative product is for you. However, if you want an in-home radio, there's varying models available. This is partly due to the fact that I don't care about this product and I'm not in the target audience, but I truly cannot think of a single in-home radio that offers the sound quality of the Bose Wave Radio in a similar form factor.

Obviously, there are diminishing returns, but the Bose is perceived as the best in this niche market. Same thing with home theater setups. Bose's Companion and Cinemate are popular products not just due to quality, but for form factor and ease of setup. Many hardcore enthusiasts don't grasp this concept. I once asked about them on an audio forum and how they compared to similar setups. People were going out of their way to recommend in-wall systems and DIY systems. When rephrased to, "Name me something that is 2.1, doesn't require putting holes in my wall, sets up in under 5 minutes, and sounds comparable to the Bose," all you'd get is flamed.

People don't want to admit that Bose makes some truly high quality products (among some poorly constructed shit, as well), but they charge out the ass for it. So again, I'd honestly like to see a recommended alternative to the Wave Radio that has a similar form factor, while sounding at least as good. I'm being serious, as again, this isn't the kind of product that I normally go for.

EDIT: Only common recommendation that I could find is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Tivoli-Audio-M.../dp/B00006I5WK

It's a clock radio that offers comparable sound quality to the Bose in a similar form factor for only $200. No CD player, so we're comparing this to the $350 Bose model. Given how ugly this looks, you're either going for price or aesthetics. If you're already spending $200, might as well spend more for something that isn't an eyesore.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #30
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Dude, we know. LOL!

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #31
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF View Post
I don't own a microwave or a TV either. But I do have a Cell Phone, A Tablet, and a Convection Oven.
aside from my pc's monitors i don't own a 'tv' either

as for microwave , i have one, but i don't find myself using it a lot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: