ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #401
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2042
Games Wanted: 8
Galaga 90 on the Turbo Duo - will start up PS3 Lightning Returns: FFXIII in the next day or two.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:38 PM   #402
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Trying out Dead Rising 3.

The graphics and performance are really sub par for a supposedly next-gen system but it's still a pretty fun game to mess around with.

If it ran at 1080p/60fps it would have been amazing.
You are the worst type of gamer.
Old February 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #403
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
You are the worst type of gamer.
Why, because I'm disappointed a $500 "next-gen" machine runs games at 720p and has constant dips below 30fps?

Resolution and FPS make a big difference.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #404
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I've gone back to Crackdown, and am trying to find the remaining agility and hidden orbs. I had like 12 hidden orbs, and 2 agility orbs left to go, and now I believe I'm down to 8 and 1!

I've also been playing the Alan Wake DLC.
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:21 PM   #405
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I love Crackdown.
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #406
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to bump The Last of Us thread because I played the DLC. Didnt work, so I'll just post it here too.

Quote:
Played the DLC Left Behind today. Pretty cool, if short. The more I think about it, the more i think TLOU is one of the 2 or 3 best games ever made.

Spoiler Below, select the text to read
The way they incorporated twitter is pretty genius. If you didnt notice the signs while playing go read @westons_pharm and @springshostpital. Gives a pretty big clue as to how the outbreak happened.
Old February 17th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #407
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
Quote:
Why, because I'm disappointed a $500 "next-gen" machine runs games at 720p and has constant dips below 30fps?

Resolution and FPS make a big difference.
No, Because SpeKtor says so you silly boy.
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #408
speKtor

Quote:

Yeah, pretty much. You seem way more concerned with relatively minor things like frame rate and HD mode than things like, "is the game any good".

The fact that you would upgrade it from "a pretty fun game to mess around with" to "amazing" simply by going to 1080p/60fps is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF
No, Because SpeKtor says so you silly boy.
Isnt that cute. I have a stalker.
Old February 18th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #409
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. You seem way more concerned with relatively minor things like frame rate and HD mode than things like, "is the game any good".
Except those things aren't really minor. 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps is like night and day, especially in a game like DR3. Shit, I'd be fine if it was 720p/60fps but the fact it can't even keep a solid 30 is grating at times. The game is fun, but it would be way more enjoyable if I could explore the map and mow down zombies without slowdown and choppiness.

Quote:
The fact that you would upgrade it from "a pretty fun game to mess around with" to "amazing" simply by going to 1080p/60fps is hilarious.
FFS it's just semantics. It would be "much better". Happy?
Old February 18th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #410
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

All other games have taken a backseat, while the Titanfall beta is going on. Just played a ton of matches, while in a party of 4, and it was a blast.
Old February 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #411
Vid Gamer

Okay, so I beat Ghosts, DR3, and Ryse.. playing Forza 5 now.

It's pretty good. Anyone still play? I'd like to race even though I suck.

I'm currently running these assists:

Suggested Line: Braking Only
Braking: ABS Off
Steering: Normal
Traction and Stability Control: TCS Only
Shifting: Automatic
Damage, Fuel, and Tire Wear: Simulation

Gives me a nice bonus of 35% and it doesn't seem too impossible to drive.
Old February 19th, 2014, 04:15 PM   #412
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: xIceCBx
PSN: IceCB

Games Owned: 56
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
Yea I just started to play forza 5 myself
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 07:30 AM   #413
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
Okay, so I beat Ghosts, DR3, and Ryse.. playing Forza 5 now.

It's pretty good. Anyone still play? I'd like to race even though I suck.

I'm currently running these assists:

Suggested Line: Braking Only
Braking: ABS Off
Steering: Normal
Traction and Stability Control: TCS Only
Shifting: Automatic
Damage, Fuel, and Tire Wear: Simulation

Gives me a nice bonus of 35% and it doesn't seem too impossible to drive.

Yea I'm still playing, but now it's pretty much strictly online which is a blast. I downloaded the Forzatune app to start helping me tune my cars a little better. Online is a whole new beast over career mode. Always having to watch over your shoulders for this drivers that are looking to just mess races up. If I'm not on your friends list, add me.....Freakish Mind
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #414
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

Giving Batman Arkham City a go... like to keep my playing current.
Old February 20th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #415
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Crysis 3

Good god is this game amazing.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 09:26 PM   #416
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
Crysis 3

Good god is this game amazing.
Welcome to the Master Race.
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #417
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
...just SSFIV:AE2012 when I get a chance.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #418
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Welcome to the Master Race.
I've been part of the master race for a long time, I just wasn't interested in 3 when it came out because 2 was so awful.
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #419
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
Sadly, I rented Metal Gear Rising from Gamefly a little over a month ago and still have yet to play it, but it's next on the playlist for next week.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #420
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Legit84 View Post
Yea I'm still playing, but now it's pretty much strictly online which is a blast. I downloaded the Forzatune app to start helping me tune my cars a little better. Online is a whole new beast over career mode. Always having to watch over your shoulders for this drivers that are looking to just mess races up. If I'm not on your friends list, add me.....Freakish Mind
Cool, added. I thought brntguy played as well but when I checked his profile it doesn't seem like he has an Xbone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...just SSFIV:AE2012 when I get a chance.
Really? I never see you on. Me and Tray play all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
I've been part of the master race for a long time, I just wasn't interested in 3 when it came out because 2 was so awful.
I liked 2. A completely different approach from 1, but I thought it was still a good game. I haven't played 3 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeJoe View Post
Sadly, I rented Metal Gear Rising from Gamefly a little over a month ago and still have yet to play it, but it's next on the playlist for next week.
Badass game. It's short, so you should be able to beat it in a day or two.
Old February 21st, 2014, 05:06 AM   #421
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
Quote:
Really? I never see you on. Me and Tray play all the time.
...yeah, I'm on at odd hours and not for very long most times. I'm to be on more during the weekends, I'm also going back and forth between the 360 and PS3. The PS3 is just a quick fix though since I only do it when I'm holding son #2 (wireless controllers and a baby mix pretty well).

... if either of you see me on Live though feel free to shoot me an invite any time. I've been trying to pick up some other characters and also still not suck at suck at SF lol.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM   #422
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...yeah, I'm on at odd hours and not for very long most times. I'm to be on more during the weekends ... if either of you see me on Live though feel free to shoot me an invite any time. I've been trying to pick up some other characters and also still not suck at suck at SF lol.
We sometimes play at like 2 AM. lol

Unfortunately Tray's Gold sub ran out so I don't think he'll be playing.
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:17 PM   #423
Baron3ss

Quote:
I liked 2. A completely different approach from 1, but I thought it was still a good game. I haven't played 3 yet.
3 keeps the same controls mostly, but the enemy encounters are much more fun. It's still a bit linear, but much more wide open with varying environments, not just boring city streets with blockades 1 block in either direction. Also, the graphics are pretty insane. My GTX 780 struggles to keep up.
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:11 PM   #424
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Sent TLoU back to gamefly. Got to a point where I couldn't be bothered anymore and said fuck it. As much as part of me wanted to finish it, everytime I say down to play, I'd settle on something else instead.

Still messing with Dragons Dogma, not sure what to start next.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:42 AM   #425
Jerome

Last night I fired up World of Tanks, for the 360. I hadn't played since it came off beta (which I was a part of). I must have played close to ten matches. I haven't played it yet, but after playing WoT I purchased "Alan Wake's American Nightmare," on XBLA for $2.99. I believe it's on sale until the end of this month, and hopefully I'll play it tonight.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: