ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old December 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Who the fuck buys the Bose Wave Radio?

It's an incredibly overpriced radio. It has a single disc CD player. You can pay extra for an iPod dock and/or a 3 (count 'em, THREE!) disc changer.

The base unit is $500. The iPod dock is $100. A Bluetooth adapter is $100. The CD changer is $250!

So I reiterate: WHO THE FUCK BUYS THIS SHIT???
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Meursault's Head

Meursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud ofMeursault's Head has much to be proud of

Live!: Meursaults Head

Games Owned: 0
Look for the white guy eating sushi and wearing a scarf in 80 degree weather and you've found him.
Old December 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault's Head View Post
Look for the white guy eating sushi and wearing a scarf in 80 degree weather and you've found him.
LOL!

I'm trying to think if I know anybody who has one. I seem to recall seeing one, sitting on somebody's countertop, many years ago... but I'm drawing a blank as to who it was.
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #4
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
I think my mother has one, but I know she didn't pay $500 for it. IIRC, she got it as a "gift" when they leased a car or won it in a charity drawing or something like that.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

There was one in a hotel room I stayed in one time. For what its worth, it sounded pretty good.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #6
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Old people who read magazines.

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose"
Old December 10th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #7
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitWise View Post

That really is their thing. They are pretty hard to get to distort, people get them for clean sound that seems fuller than it is. They also have some pretty crazy designs internally but also a pretty crazy price tag.
Old December 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #8
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitWise View Post

Buy Other Sound Equipment.

They must target the market who thinks the high price equates to high quality.
Old December 11th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #9
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Buy Other Sound Equipment.

They must target the market who thinks the high price equates to high quality.
Dude, you haven't lived until you've heard gold plated hdmi cables running through my Bose home theater system, I can even turn it up enough there's almost bass and it doesn't distort. This is how it was meant to be heard. It was worth it. Haha

Last edited by Julez : December 11th, 2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: My phone really fucked that up
Julez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #10
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
If you see someone wearing a Q-ray bracelet there is a 45% chance they have a Bose radio as well.

Its science.
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #11
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via ICQ to Razor
$500 is expensive, but wow does it sound good.

When you crank it up, you literally stand there staring for a bit, trying to figure out how that sound comes from a "Clock Radio".
Old December 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
To be fair, the baseline model is now only $349 (the Wave Radio). The $499 model is essentially the same thing with a single-slot CD loader. And then that's where all the ridiculous addons come in.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #13
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
The beauty of it all is no one is making you buy one, so basically who cares.
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #14
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
$500 is expensive, but wow does it sound good.

When you crank it up, you literally stand there staring for a bit, trying to figure out how that sound comes from a "Clock Radio".
I have only seen one, and it was high on a shelf with stuff around it. Always wanted to check one out just because I like check everything out. I really, really wanted one of these when I was younger. It's a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
To be fair, the baseline model is now only $349 (the Wave Radio). The $499 model is essentially the same thing with a single-slot CD loader. And then that's where all the ridiculous addons come in.
Price has definitely came down. The quality of those add-ons makes that whole price take on another meaning. The CD player and the three disc changer are famous for being POSs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF View Post

If anyone ever makes you buy one I get to play with it, and take it apart.

Now Panasonic made a couple of mini shelf systems, like out of actual wood and metal....that was good shit. We've got one sitting on a freezer at work that I will not let anyone touch . That thing is fucking brutal, loud, and clear, and tiny as fuck. I can smell the board inside when it gets cranked. It is mean.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #15
Pahn

Quote:
We've found an owner.
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #16
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

I don't own a radio, or a cd player other than the optical drive in my computer, so, whatever.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old December 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #17
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

Games Owned: 189
A Bose home theater system is at my parents' house. It only has two fist sized speakers that mimic surround sound. It is amazing how much quality comes out of those speakers. Very expensive though.
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #18
sven

sven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond reputesven has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to sven Send a message via AIM to sven
Quote:
Originally Posted by erp View Post
A Bose home theater system is at my parents' house. It only has two fist sized speakers that mimic surround sound. It is amazing how much quality comes out of those speakers. Very expensive though.
They were giving one of these away at my work X-mas party. I didn't win them though.
Old December 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #19
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't own a radio, or a cd player other than the optical drive in my computer, so, whatever.
You so gangsta.
Old December 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #20
RookieCAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
You so gangsta.
Better than being an Asshole like You.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old December 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #21
speKtor

Quote:
Better than being an Asshole like You.
Oh yeah, because everyone loves that guy who goes around talking about how he doesnt even own a [insert modern electrical convenience], lol.

I bet you are just the life of the party. And no one thinks you're a condescending asshole/wannabe hipster douchebag at all*

*assuming you even go outside

Last edited by speKtor : December 14th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #22
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

When I imagine speKtor in my mind, I envision a smallish guy, with tons of moxie, who rides a giant white horse like the Lone Ranger, but no mask, onto peoples' lawns and yells at them about disagreements, waves his fist, then looks back with a fuck you grin and rides off. This is not a bad thing, I have my own little weird ideas imagined up about you all. But, yeah, rook goes outside.

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #23
RookieCAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Oh yeah, because everyone loves that guy who goes around talking about how he doesnt even own a [insert modern electrical convenience], lol.

I bet you are just the life of the party. And no one thinks you're a condescending asshole/wannabe hipster douchebag at all*

*assuming you even go outside
LOL Condescending Asshole, That's rich. You must be mistaking you for myself. Asking if I go outside is ridiculously funny, coming from the king troll.

It was insinuated I own one of these contraptions that I don't. Huge waste of money. I do however have plenty of other electronics and spend plenty of time out of my house. Most of it not being an asswipe. Maybe you can aspire to that someday

Quote:
that's correct.

Last edited by RookieCAF : December 14th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old December 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #24
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
One of the biggest scumbags I've ever known owned one. No scarf, no sushi. But a $300 cowboy hat despite the fact that he's never ridden a horse.

Oh, and it was the radio only version. No CD player. This was back in 2000 or so, and it was still $300 for a fucking FM radio.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #25
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
I love my Bose noise canceling headphones...overpriced, maybe, but they work great.
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: