ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Old March 12th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Games Wanted: 0
NFL Offseason

Boldin to San Fran, Wallace to MIA, many others...discuss!
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Word is the Packers are hoping to re-sign Greg Jennings (and have apparently been trying to for the last week). The Vikings are interested in getting him, but they must not be offering him a good enough deal (up to this point). The Green Bay Press-Gazette is reporting he could re-sign with the Packers by midnight, if he's not presented with a offer he likes, from somebody else.

I'm hoping the Packers are able to re-sign him. Sure, they're stacked at WR, and their offense can be very successful without him (they proved it this past season when he was injured half the season), but he's still a threat at WR, and I wouldn't want him playing for a divisional rival.

Also, according to Charles Woodson's agent, Woodson is visiting with the 49ers tomorrow.
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Razor
Asomugha needs to be re-paired with Rob Ryan in New Orleans. Perfect fit.

That Zone in PHI didn't work for him at all.
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #4
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Asomugha needs to be re-paired with Rob Ryan in New Orleans. Perfect fit.

That Zone in PHI didn't work for him at all.
I think here in Cincy he would be a great fit, Zimmer demands his corner match up physically in Man-man. Asmougha excels in that.

Biggest problem is we have to many corners.

Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones and Newman.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Reggie Bush has agreed to a four year deal with the Detroit Lions.
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Razor

Razor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of lightRazor is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Biggest problem is we have to many corners.

Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones and Newman.
Where are the corners?
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Wes Welker to the Broncos. Interesting move there, with Stokley and Decker already there.

Edit - Didn't realize Stokley's a FA. Obviously it's an upgrade there.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx

Last edited by Erbs : March 13th, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #8
Jerome

It sounds like the Packers are close to landing RB Steven Jackson. According to a report by somebody at the Green Bay Press Gazette, the Packers and Jackson are discussing a three year contract, but it's not a done deal yet.
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #9
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Browns are on a shopping shopping spree, it seems like they've been doing this for the past 5 years, then they draft crap.

Browns wonder why they suck every year?

Old March 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #10
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Colts signed LaRon Landry to a four year deal this morning. Our backfield needed the boost, so I'm definitely excited to see good talent coming in there.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #11
Jerome

Steven Jackson signed with the Falcons. From the sounds a JSOnline article, the Packers organization figured Jackson was just using them as leverage all along, to get a better offer from Atlanta, and Green Bay wasn't about to get into a bidding war for a 30 year old RB.

Last edited by Jerome : March 14th, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #12
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Colts picked up Ricky Jean-Francois from the 49ers today. Another big defensive pickup.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #13
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
Colts picked up Ricky Jean-Francois from the 49ers today. Another big defensive pickup.
Who??

Old March 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #14
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
It sounds like the Packers are close to landing RB Steven Jackson. According to a report by somebody at the Green Bay Press Gazette, the Packers and Jackson are discussing a three year contract, but it's not a done deal yet.
Quote:
Steven Jackson signed with the Falcons. From the sounds a JSOnline article, the Packers organization figured Jackson was just using them as leverage all along, to get a better offer from Atlanta, and Green Bay wasn't about to get into a bidding war for a 30 year old RB.
Shame. I think he would be a better fit in Green Bay. People don't realize how many catches / how good he is at catching the ball. They don't care about that in ATL. They do in GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
Colts signed LaRon Landry to a four year deal this morning. Our backfield needed the boost, so I'm definitely excited to see good talent coming in there.
It's the same type of situation as Bob Sanders here. LaRon Landry is an excellent strong safety, who just struggles to stay healthy.
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #15
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
As usual I have no idea what the hell the Bills are doing. I really hope they have a plan for QB that isnt Tavares Jackson.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #16
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
As usual I have no idea what the hell the Bills are doing. I really hope they have a plan for QB that isnt Tavares Jackson.
Maybe it's JaMarcus Russell.
Old March 15th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #17
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:

haha, I can't believe that scrub is still in the NFL drawing an NFL paycheck.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #18
Jerome

Greg Jennings has agreed to a five year deal with the Vikings.
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #19
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
Quote:
Greg Jennings has agreed to a five year deal with the Vikings.
wow favre deux , ouch

hey chargers got danny woodhead!

lol, fuck my team has HUGE holes
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
wow favre deux , ouch
It is what it is. Since 2005 there has been Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Brett Favre (failed initially), and now Greg Jennings. They also tried to get Aaron Kampman, William Henderson and James Jones, but failed in those three attempts. Last season they tried to entice WR Tori Gurley to leave the Packers' practice squad, by offering him a roster spot, but he actually turned them down. Now that I think about it I'm starting to think the Vikings' scouting team tries to save money by just circling Lambeau, like vultures, waiting for Packers' cast-offs

Anyway, it's disappointing to see him go, but with the depth they have at WR, and the fact that they have expiring contracts coming up for Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and BJ Raji, they couldn't afford to keep Jennings around. On the bright side I think you're going to see Randall Cobb got a lot more opportunities, and I think he'll be more dangerous then Jennings ever was.
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #21
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
It is what it is. Since 2005 there has been Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, Brett Favre (failed initially), and now Greg Jennings. They also tried to get Aaron Kampman, William Henderson and James Jones, but failed in those three attempts. Last season they tried to entice WR Tori Gurley to leave the Packers' practice squad, by offering him a roster spot, but he actually turned them down. Now that I think about it I'm starting to think the Vikings' scouting team tries to save money by just circling Lambeau, like vultures, waiting for Packers' cast-offs

Anyway, it's disappointing to see him go, but with the depth they have at WR, and the fact that they have expiring contracts coming up for Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and BJ Raji, they couldn't afford to keep Jennings around. On the bright side I think you're going to see Randall Cobb got a lot more opportunities, and I think he'll be more dangerous then Jennings ever was.

We are to you guys what the Seahawks are to us.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Jerome

Brian Urlacher is done in Chicago.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #23
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
Figured I'd post my analysis of the Eagles' offseason so far, in case Head wants to discuss it.

Clearly Chip Kelly wants to play with the parts that we have on offense already, with no major changes. They're headed very quickly towards the 3-4 on defense with all of their signings.

In the secondary, we likely replaced all 4 starters. Safety was a clear upgrade as we couldn't get much worse. Corner is a huge downgrade (when Nnambdi and DRC played to their potential), but these guys are more physical and don't shy away from tackles. At best, I think our secondary is a push compared to last year.

Our linebacking corps just went from 3, to 4. Signing Connor Barwin gives us a legitimate 3-4 starting OLB. Retaining Ryans is a downgrade on himself, given that he left Houston for Philly because he wasn't a fit for the 3-4. Kendricks is a downgrade on himself until he can prove that he's 3-4 material, given that he was drafted as a 4-3 OLB. Jason Philips was likely brought in to compete to fill out the 4 starting linebackers, and in 4 years as a backup he has 10 tackles. So basically, linebacker is a huge downgrade for us.

As far as the d-line goes, we went from 4 to 3, so that should have been an upgrade. We got rid of solid interior starters to have an aging DT as our nose. Our outside rushers at this time remain the same, that is, smallish 4-3 DEs playing in a 3-4. Overall, this position is a huge downgrade.

Our defense will likely be suspect, but that is to be expected. Switching schemes in a rebuilding year means these kind of changes. This year will be about seeing how well our offensive pieces and Kelly mesh, and seeing who has potential on defense to stick around as we build this thing. At this point it's early, but I'm tentatively predicting a 5-11 season. Let's see how the draft goes.

And I don't mean to seem negative, but this is a rebuilding year, so I'm just pointing out the obvious. I am actually excited to see how this works. Other than being critical of some calls, I'll reserve judgement on Kelly for about 3 years. I want to see steady improvement over 3 years and a contender by year 5. That's how I evaluate a coach. Reid passed that test, but he lost his way around 2004/2005, and that was the beginning of the end for him.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM   #24
turningpoint

Quote:
Brian Urlacher is done in Chicago.
We'll take him for a season.

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #25
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Quote:
Did the Bills even try to shop Ryan Fitzpatrick around to some of the area high schools before they released him?

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: