ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Microsoft
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Most powerful console available. The Xbox is doing well on its homecourt, but on the road sales aren't dominating.

View Poll Results: Pre-order a Xbox One?
Yes, Absolutely, No Doubt 7 21.21%
No, Never, Absolutely Not, When Hell Freezes Over – likely not then either 15 45.45%
Maybe, Will Think About It 3 9.09%
Screw Xbox One, PS4 All the Way 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #76
2 7

2 7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
I've never pre ordered anything or waited in a line or got so excited I waited in a long ass line as Mario Bros II. That game wasn't as good as the original. Kid Icarius was better!

Xbox One I will get eventually but I'm not goin craze' about it.

As soon as they make a game that records your own personal arm strength and you have to dive on your living room floor I think I've seen it all. Or something else that intrigues my mind , I'm not all that excited. I think they had the technology back when pac man came out to do what they do today. exponentials.

I love the way they milk this shit when they probably have technology way beyond............................ cough

Last edited by 2 7 : September 5th, 2013 at 05:00 AM.
2 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #77
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Thought this sounded cool:

Quote:
Dead Rising 3 producer: No two zombies are the same

Dead Rising 3's zombies are beautiful and unique snowflakes, each bloodied and gussied up in different ways. Capcom Producer Mike Jones told CVG that players will never see the same two zombies twice.

"It's all procedurally generated: hair styles, clothing, colors, textures," Jones said. "And the gore is, too: missing jaws, missing eyes ... it's all totally dynamic. That's a whole system that we built. We didn't just model the zombies, we had to model the pieces and the system puts them together."

Full JoyStiq Article
The whole "never see the same two zombies twice" is probably bull. I don't know how many different combinations of zombies they'll have, based on hair, scars, clothing, etc., but I'm sure at some point there's going to be some identical zombies. Either way it's cool that it sounds like they have a pretty big, dynamic system, to have a huge variety.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM   #78
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Thought this sounded cool:

The whole "never see the same two zombies twice" is probably bull. I don't know how many different combinations of zombies they'll have, based on hair, scars, clothing, etc., but I'm sure at some point there's going to be some identical zombies. Either way it's cool that it sounds like they have a pretty big, dynamic system, to have a huge variety.
The worst counter example of this is Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

There are like 10 zombie types in the whole game, but the fact that they're rendered so well makes it seem like there are only 5.
Old October 13th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #79
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
Almost feel like a traitor, I preordered a PS4 when they were both announced. But, I'm a 1. Sega 2. Nintendo guy honestly, and since both those companies have been put out(or put themselves out) of the console business(ok Wii U will be cool once it's library is fleshed out and I'll get it to play the classics it will have, but it's not going to get a lot of games because it won't be able to handle them). The PS4 honestly looks better than the M$ alternative, maybe losing in the states for a cycle motivated them. Hoping the controller is much improved.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #80
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I've used the PS4 controller. It's not much improved. It's basically the same.
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #81
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about
Games Owned: 180
Until they switch the positioning of the D-pad and left control stick it is the same old PS controller. I own both the 360 and PS3 and always just "put up with" the PS3 controller. I'm leaning towards PS4 as my first purchase and will likely get some kind of Xbone controller adaptor.
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #82
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute
Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I really want to try the Wii U's gamepad. They swapped the ABXY buttons and the right analog stick.

For shooters, there should probably be buttons on the back of the controller, like the Steam controller. Since they're the #1 genre right now (probably), I'd design around that.
Old October 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #83
Daydreamer

Daydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really niceDaydreamer is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Daydreamer
that is disappointing to hear. the PSX controller was extremely awkward to me then, and somehow it never felt much better. OH! There have been worse controllers, but none that haunted me for 14 years.

also was the deciding factor when I bought the Xbox consoles. I loved the Sega Dreamcast controller, it was my favorite to date. (There was a grey madcatz DC controller with blue rubber grips, but still). The Xbox improved on those and that matters to me.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #84
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of
Games Owned: 95
Here's a 20 minute presentation, on Titanfall, that occurred at EB Expo Arena, in Australia:

I can't wait for this game.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: