ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General > Sports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports Sports talk goes here

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #1
Arod1983

Arod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant futureArod1983 has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 22
Games Wanted: 0
NFL 2012-2013 Season Thread

Suck it Giants. Go 'boys!
Arod1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #2
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Talking

Well, that didn't quite go as well as planned. LOL!
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Ghost
Staff Member

Ghost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to all

Live!: Lumar

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Ghost Send a message via AIM to Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Russ View Post
Well, that didn't quite go as well as planned. LOL!
The g-men play well when it matters, at the end of the season and into the post season. While the Cowgirls watch from the couch. haha
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #4
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 0
Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Giants secondary looks beat up, while the cowboys looks much much improved, and it was the deciding factor in this game.

I think the Cowboys could do pretty well this year actually!

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #5
George

George has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura aboutGeorge has a spectacular aura about

Live!: G Monroy

Games Owned: 1
Happy about the win. Now on to the reality. The Cowboys looked much better on defense but that offensive line will be their undoing. You cannot have Romo running for his life all season. He will get injured. Also there were too many penalties. If they can get the offensive line tightened up then they have a chance.
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #6
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Happy about the win. Now on to the reality. The Cowboys looked much better on defense but that offensive line will be their undoing. You cannot have Romo running for his life all season. He will get injured. Also there were too many penalties. If they can get the offensive line tightened up then they have a chance.
Let the Nate Livings Headache begin.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #7
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
This is an off-field issue, but thought somebody would have brought it up. If you haven't heard the Raven's Brendon Ayanbadejo recently became the target of Maryland House of Delegates member Emmett C. Burns Jr., who wrote a letter to the Raven's organization, basically telling them they should reign in Ayanbadejo, and limit/take away his first amendment rights, because he's been very open in his support for gay marriage. Yahoo! posted the letter. The final paragraph is unbelievable:

Quote:
I am requesting that you take the necessary action, as a National Football League Owner, to inhibit such expressions from your employees and that he be ordered to cease and desist such injurious actions. I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing.
Brendon Ayanbadejo took the high-road, with a response on Twitter:

Quote:
Football is just my job it's not who I am. I am an American before anything. And just like every American I have the right to speak!!!
*YAWN* Fortunately Minnesota Vikings' punter Chris Kluwe had some spare time and wrote up an open letter to Burns. Some highlights:

Quote:
As I suspect you have not read the Constitution, I would like to remind you that the very first, the VERY FIRST Amendment in this founding document deals with the freedom of speech, particularly the abridgment of said freedom. By using your position as an elected official (when referring to your constituents so as to implicitly threaten the Ravens organization) to state that the Ravens should "inhibit such expressions from your employees," more specifically Brendon Ayanbadejo, not only are you clearly violating the First Amendment, you also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain.
Quote:
This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate the fact that other people want a chance to live their lives and be happy, even though they may believe in something different than you, or act different than you? How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis?
Quote:
I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population...
Quote:
In closing, I would like to say that I hope this letter, in some small way, causes you to reflect upon the magnitude of the colossal foot in mouth clusterfuck you so brazenly unleashed on a man whose only crime was speaking out for something he believed in. Best of luck in the next election; I'm fairly certain you might need it.

Sincerely,
Chris Kluwe

P.S. I've also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your "I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing" and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. Asshole.
Hahahaha, I like Kluwe!

Last edited by Jerome : September 8th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
kluwe is the best , love that guy
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #9
MetalGuru

MetalGuru is on a distinguished roadMetalGuru is on a distinguished road

A lustful cockmonster hahahaha!
MetalGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
ha! cutler, you fuckin idiot
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #11
MetalGuru

Lol he's made 3 asstastic throws already and they look like they didn't have a preseason.

I'm the guy who's always saying that Matt Forte is overrated but I don't know where they'd be without him so far.

The other idiot in this game is the colt secondary .....pass interference has been a big part of the bear offense lol!
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #12
Jesus H Christ

it looks like the bears and texans recovered from looking like shit early

detroit....i don't know what the fuck is up with them, but then again, rams have a nice little defense
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #13
MetalGuru

Bears & Texans both covered .....what's more important than that? Lol
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #14
Jesus H Christ

orakpo pretty much just let the saints off the hook for now....

what a fuckin retard
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #15
Jesus H Christ

brees: i want you to have this gift

orakpo: oh i couldn't possibly!

brees: ok, but i offered

some fuckin redskins safety : i'll take it!
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #16
MetalGuru

Saints are a fucking mess
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Jesus H Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGuru View Post
Saints are a fucking mess
redskins need to close this fucking door now!
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #18
MetalGuru

Eagles struggling hard against a joke of a team
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Jesus H Christ

rgIII first rookie qb to lead a team to 40 points in 60+ years according to fox

and 37+ minutes time of possession....holy fuck
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #20
Jesus H Christ

griffin actually passing still ...... this guy is fucking amazing
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #21
MetalGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
redskins need to close this fucking door now!
Did you lay money on this one?
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #22
Jesus H Christ

Quote:
Did you lay money on this one?
no, rg III is just really impressing the shit out of me today, i want to see him do well, when's the last time the redskins were really good?
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Ghost
Staff Member

Ghost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to allGhost is a name known to all

Live!: Lumar

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Ghost Send a message via AIM to Ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus H Christ View Post
no, rg III is just really impressing the shit out of me today, i want to see him do well, when's the last time the redskins were really good?
Very impressive, he looks better than Cam Newton did last year early. And against NO in the dome? WOW
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #24
MetalGuru

Are the 9ers a one year wonder? Or does this roster have legs? Just curious what people think
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #25
2Legit84

2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts2Legit84 is infamous around these parts

Live!: Freakish Mind

Send a message via AIM to 2Legit84
Quote:
Are the 9ers a one year wonder? Or does this roster have legs? Just curious what people think

They have the defense to go along with a super soft division to not be one year wonders....As long as Alex Smith plays Trent Dilfer like, they will be similar to eh Baltimore Ravens of years past.
2Legit84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: