ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old July 13th, 2016, 09:52 AM   #1
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Hey all!

Been quite a few years since I've logged in. Randomly thought of the site and decided to check in and see how everyone remaining is still doing.
Old July 13th, 2016, 05:37 PM   #2
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 189
Hey, it has been really slow around here but I still visit a few times per week. Its a shame. Even though I was always more of a lurker I always enjoyed this place. Occasionally a former regular poster will visit to see how everybody is doing. This thread will give you a pretty good idea of what everybody has been up to in the past year.

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=225228
Old July 15th, 2016, 05:24 PM   #3
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
What's up Cag. How's everything?

It's kinda sad how dead this forum is now. It's weird, too. This place was still pretty active during the 360/PS3 era but then it turned into a ghost town seemingly over night.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 11:24 PM   #4
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Because console gaming is bullshit now.
Old July 16th, 2016, 11:11 AM   #5
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
How so?

General used to be popping moreso than the gaming side, too.
Old July 16th, 2016, 12:55 PM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
It's definitely combination of several things that have this place a ghost town. Bulletin boards just aren't as lively as they used to be; most people blow their free online time on social media now. Also, everyone is older and well into their careers and families. It doesn't help that modern console gaming doesn't really appeal to veteran gamers quite as much as it used to when you may as well just game on PC now for what they offer (except Nintendo).

General discussion was always the most lively forum here, but it's tough to care about the shit that we used to always talk about. Politics are an absolute joke now. I don't think it's just that I'm older and more jaded either, I mean they're REALLY just a fucking joke. Most of the insane shit going on nowadays (in the U.S. anyway) isn't even worth discussing anymore. Don't even get me started on social issues. We used to have actual disagreements on things that were worth discussing, but I'm willing to bet that now even the staunches conservative regulars (well, staunch for here, anyway) and the most outspoken liberals can all agree that these retarded, regressive, extreme leftist SJWs (Black Lives Matter, Third Wave Intersexual Feminists, Islamic apologists, white guiltists, etc.) that seem to get the lions share of press and attention online make everyone want to chug a frothy bleach smoothie.

It's just so easy to be a detached curmudgeon now. It can't just be me.
Old July 17th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #7
Vid Gamer

Quote:
It's definitely combination of several things that have this place a ghost town. Bulletin boards just aren't as lively as they used to be; most people blow their free online time on social media now.
I think it's just everyone is concentrated on the "mega" boards now like reddit and NeoGAF. There's things posted there sometimes weeks before official announcements.

Quote:
General discussion was always the most lively forum here, but it's tough to care about the shit that we used to always talk about. Politics are an absolute joke now. I don't think it's just that I'm older and more jaded either, I mean they're REALLY just a fucking joke. Most of the insane shit going on nowadays (in the U.S. anyway) isn't even worth discussing anymore. Don't even get me started on social issues. We used to have actual disagreements on things that were worth discussing, but I'm willing to bet that now even the staunches conservative regulars (well, staunch for here, anyway) and the most outspoken liberals can all agree that these retarded, regressive, extreme leftist SJWs (Black Lives Matter, Third Wave Intersexual Feminists, Islamic apologists, white guiltists, etc.) that seem to get the lions share of press and attention online make everyone want to chug a frothy bleach smoothie.

Eh, if we took time to really dig through past threads, this forum probably argued on some dumb shit. We were all more immature, which is why this:

Quote:
Also, everyone is older and well into their careers and families.
is probably the main reason why it's so dead nowadays.
Old July 17th, 2016, 10:32 PM   #8
BrntGuy

BrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBrntGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Brntguy

Send a message via ICQ to BrntGuy Send a message via AIM to BrntGuy Send a message via MSN to BrntGuy
Some people just can't let things go.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 09:38 AM   #9
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Yeah the landscape has definitely changed over the past few years. Mobile gaming is huge, and social media has taken over most everyone's lives. I've gotten off Facebook several years ago and it's much better off to be honest. It's sad how much people let it consume their lives, and I feel it's the exact opposite of what the term "social" defines.

As for me, I got married 2 years ago and have a 10 month old son who means the world to me. I've settled into a nice career in IT as a Systems Administrator, and naturally have little to no time at all for gaming. I have such a backlog that I'll likely never get around to, but that's just fine. The NES mini is very tempting to collect simply for nostalgia purposes. Granted, emulation is free, but something about seeing the console which started it all (for me) and getting to hold that controller again will justify the purchase.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:27 PM   #10
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Agreed, it's terrible!

If halo didn't exist I'm pretty sure my xbox one would be sold right now.

Nothing is enjoyable, I just wonder if I'm growing old or if the games actually do just suck?

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:33 PM   #11
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's definitely combination of several things that have this place a ghost town. Bulletin boards just aren't as lively as they used to be; most people blow their free online time on social media now. Also, everyone is older and well into their careers and families. It doesn't help that modern console gaming doesn't really appeal to veteran gamers quite as much as it used to when you may as well just game on PC now for what they offer (except Nintendo).

Ha, I'm in the same exact boat. I literally just creep on social media every once in a while, otherwise I'm watching something shitty on tv, or busy doing something that i have to do now as an adult.

Video games are terrible, i swear 2006 was the golden age of gaming and in the past 10 years it's just gotten worse.

Politics are a joke. Hillary sucks, Trump is off his rocker. I feel like the black lives matter leftist crap is just a leftist regurgitation of the Tea Party movement of 3-4 years ago, of complete morons.

Life kind of feels like it's stuck in a rut and we're all waiting for something too happen.

I honestly have no reason to complain though, have plenty of money, a great wife and kid, great house, decent car, it's just boring though and I really think it has to do with the stale video game market right now.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 02:16 PM   #12
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
I feel like the black lives matter leftist crap is just a leftist regurgitation of the Tea Party movement of 3-4 years ago
Old July 22nd, 2016, 02:18 PM   #13
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Yes it does, the far right idiots had their glory and now the far left are trying to have theirs.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:09 PM   #14
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, where to even start with that, lol.

I'm not even going to bother.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 08:15 PM   #15
turningpoint

Quote:
I mean, where to even start with that, lol.

I'm not even going to bother.
Well I wouldn't expect it to make sense to you.

Old July 25th, 2016, 12:54 PM   #16
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Nothing is enjoyable, I just wonder if I'm growing old or if the games actually do just suck?
It's because you're older. Gaming now is as great as it's ever been.
Old July 25th, 2016, 10:07 PM   #17
turningpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
It's because you're older. Gaming now is as great as it's ever been.
I'm talking console, not PC Mr vid.

What games are you playing right now?

Old July 26th, 2016, 12:28 PM   #18
Vid Gamer

Bunch of different shit.

Halo 5, Fallout 4, Witcher 3, DOOM

Looking forward to No Man's Sky in a few weeks.
Old July 27th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #19
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Halo 5
I'm having fun with the new Warzone Firefight, and was pretty surprised by the difficulty some of the maps have.
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #20
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'm having fun with the new Warzone Firefight, and was pretty surprised by the difficulty some of the maps have.
Yeah, it's pretty great.

Kinda sucks all the monthly content updates are done, though. 343 said they will still be adding content just not as frequent.

If anyone is interested, they are going to stream the NA summer finals this weekend.
Old July 28th, 2016, 11:18 AM   #21
speKtor

I just realized that I have been a member here for almost half my life. I turned 35 in April and I have been here since July 2001.

How the fuck did that happen? haha.
Old July 29th, 2016, 10:06 AM   #22
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
I just realized that I have been a member here for almost half my life. I turned 35 in April and I have been here since July 2001.

How the fuck did that happen? haha.
1 up'd! I'm not yet 35, and I've been here longer!
Old August 4th, 2016, 01:29 AM   #23
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Thumbs up

Quote:

The fact that they're a bunch of soft ass, sensitive trigger warning happy little pussies doesn't help either. Thin skinned, begging for sympathy, easily offended.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #24
speKtor

Quote:
Well I wouldn't expect it to make sense to you.
It doesnt make sense to anyone because its a totally non sensical statement. "regurgitate" means to literally bring up the same thing.

What you are trying to say is that BLM and the tea party are similar movements because they are both at extreme ends of the spectrum and have cultural biases.

Calling it a regurgitation though makes no sense (unless you dont know what the word regurgitation means). its like saying communism is just a regurgitation of fascism. Or that black is just a regurgitation of white. It makes no sense.
Old August 6th, 2016, 07:56 AM   #25
Orinoco Flow

Orinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to beholdOrinoco Flow is a splendid one to behold

Hell, I don't get on the internet so much these days. Let alone stop by here.

It's been only 4.5 years since I found out the truth that I was really female all along (because a person is what's between the ears, not between the legs). A female brain running on all that motherfucking testosterone for about five decades is helluva thing to endure. Things just don't go right on the wrong hormones. I've had so much to sort out. Dealing with old age and a second puberty all at once. Thankfully, on the right hormones this time around. My breasts aren't a C cup as yet but are growing nicely, have a pleasing feel, are fo'sho' big enough to be breasts and it won't be too much longer to reach that C cup goal.

I enjoyed watching 9 Months that Made You on PBS. Very interesting. Go see it! Inutero development of a human baby by the ninth week of gestation the configuration of the reproductive organs is set. But it's the sixteenth week when the configuration of the brain is set to a pattern more consistent with a female, male or other personality. Once in awhile the sex personality pattern is ends up at odds with the what happened in the ninth week.

-- Lewis Carroll from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
(This was SO ME prior to Feb2012.)
Orinoco Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: