ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 24th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #1
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 331
Games Wanted: 5
Thumbs up [Connection Speed] - How Fast Is Your Connection?

2681/730 Verizon DSL (Just Upgraded!!!!!)

29.95/Month.
So, what are you saying. That men actually pay you for sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefMATRIXense
that's correct.

RookieCAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #2
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 4
...I'm running the same setup Rookie

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:59 AM   #3
RookieCAF

RookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond reputeRookieCAF has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Little Bump IMHO

Quote:
that's correct.

Old May 24th, 2005, 09:08 AM   #4
Mr. Smurf
Banned

Mr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Mine is like 3500 and has been for quite some time. It may be faster now. Dunno about the up, I could care less. It's fast enough... 375 I believe.

$20/month.
Mr. Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #5
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Download: 4731
Upload : 378

$39.99 / month
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #6
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
give the url you used for the test

--

nyc dslreports test 6892 / 662

Last edited by VampMan : May 24th, 2005 at 10:37 AM.
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #7
U.2.K.

U.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud ofU.2.K. has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 31
I dont know how fast, but i am using comcast high speed internet, and my bill is 80 bucks a month, due to the cable connection.
U.2.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #8
humanity

humanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF

29.95/Month.
Very nice price-to-performance ratio. I'd give a lot for that kind of upstream, and $50/mo. to Comcast doesn't seem to be enough giving to receive it.
humanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:52 PM   #9
Null

Null is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of lightNull is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: nullifiedone

at home mine is like 5000 down / 256 up (they might of given me more recently tho, i dunno) Comcast. 44.95/month which includes the cable TV bill too .

i could care less about upload tho, i rarely upload things, and even then its never big. i get sub 30 ping in games, and it downloads files fast. all i need.
Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #10
humanity

humanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of lighthumanity is a glorious beacon of light

I'm pulling 4112/353 with Comcast. It looks like they bumped up the downstream and upstream slightly since I last checked.
humanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #11
RookieCAF

http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/Bandwidth.asp is what I used.

Its quite the bang for the buck, I just wish they'd offer a Naked DSL Line, I'd get Vonage in a heartbeat. I'm pretty happy with DSL as a whole. When I had Cable gaming was a bit hit or miss, my connection was kinda variable atthe time. With the Dedicated Service, its pretty constant.

Quote:
that's correct.

Old May 24th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #12
VampMan

VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 25
that site put me at 6500/720
Old May 24th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #13
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I have Verizon DSL (recently upgraded) similar to Rookie's, but I'm paying $35 a month because I didn't want to sign a 1 year contract.
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #14
Fairwarning

Fairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond reputeFairwarning has a reputation beyond repute

Download: 5821 kilobits per second
Upload: To much security settings in place to run test.

Comcast. Total Bill - $54.00 for Internet Service || $65.00 basic cable with HBO.
$119.00 a month

The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.

-- Albert Einstein
Fairwarning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:32 AM   #15
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
Just tested a few seconds ago...

It's good to know I'm actually getting what I pay for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	6060  
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:50 AM   #16
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieCAF

29.95/Month.
Same here.

C'mon FIOS!!! Papa needs more speed!!!

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #17
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Download speed: 9762 kilobits per second
Upload speed: 984 kilobits per second

$49.99

Loving it!!!

Wish I had Brighthouse's phone service so I could get the 15mbs down and 2mbs upload for $54.99

Last edited by SmAsHeD IxNaY : October 17th, 2005 at 07:58 AM.
SmAsHeD IxNaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #18
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Download speed: 3709 kilobits per second

I don't want to shut down the firewall to test upload speed. I'm paranoid.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #19
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY

$49.99

Loving it!!!

Wish I had Brighthouse's phone service so I could get the 15mbs down and 2mbs upload for $54.99
Damn! That's a freaking FAST connection!
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:19 AM   #20
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Download: 1133 kilobits per second
Upload: 270 kilobits per second

I have CenturyTel's cheapest DSL package.
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:36 AM   #21
PlayStation2

PlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nicePlayStation2 is just really nice

Games Owned: 1
Download Speed: 40150 kbps (5018.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 9434 kbps (1179.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

At UW using http://sea.speakeasy.net

http://www.muse.mu
PlayStation2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #22
Exodus

Exodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud ofExodus has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 116
I've got Sprint DSL at $25/month. It's 512kb down, 256kb up. Testing my connection back home, I was getting 488/140.

It's not blazing fast, but it's great for gaming and browsing. I had 3mb cable, but it was terrible. I was getting 40k down, and 240k up during peak hours.
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 01:40 PM   #23
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
7277/375 via comcast
Old October 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #24
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY

$49.99

Loving it!!!

good god man, i assume this is only available in fl...damn.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #25
RookieCAF

2781/710 Same as first post , this time using Speakeasy's New York City Speedtest..

Quote:
that's correct.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: