ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #1
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
ProtoCulture's 1st Review: God Of War

The ProtoCulture's God Of War Review

Myself and and a few real life and online friends are putting together a gaming/pop-culture site called The ProtoCulture (yes, named after the Del song). I just started the forum up and some of the content of the site will be posted there for the time being. The site should be up around mid-April. Go check out our 1st review, i think it's pretty good. Stay a while and register while you're at it. It'd be much appreciated!

*edit*
Yeah, and if any of ya'll are interested in helping out the site in any way, hit me up on AIM. We're looking for people who want to write and are fairly good at it.

Get Games On GamersGate.com

Last edited by Xeo : March 28th, 2005 at 03:20 PM.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #2
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
So in other words......this is spam?
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
So in other words......this is spam?
Something like that... so did you check it out? LOL

Old March 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #4
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

I clicked the link. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out it was a new board and not just a link to the Gamespot boards cause it is identical.

But I'm kinda hungover so maybe thats just me.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #5
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
But I'm kinda hungover so maybe thats just me.
I think that's it. Although I haven't been to the Gamespot boards in like a year, i'm pretty sure the board i made doesn't really look like theirs... but i'm about to go check now... ]

*update*
Nope... looks nothing like it... it's just you.

Last edited by Xeo : March 28th, 2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #6
speKtor

Yeah, I really havent been there (gamespot) all that often, maybe like 10 times in my whole life. but I swear that is what the forums used to look like. Maybe they changed, I dont know, or really care for that matter. It was just the first thing that occured to me when I clicked the link is all.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #7
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

We workin on shit, and i do mean shit....
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #8
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Until you've got exclusive screens, videos and interviews, I won't be visiting your site anytime soon.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #9
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Arrow Until you've got exclusive screens, videos and interviews, I won't be visiting...

My money's on you won't even visit it then.
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #10
Xeo

Yeah, it's gunna' be some work, but we'll get there. No way to get there if people don't support up until that point though. That said, I don't expect certain people here to be interested or supportive in any manner. You know... like, most of the people who have replied to this thread so far.

Old March 28th, 2005, 04:26 PM   #11
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
Yeah, it's gunna' be some work, but we'll get there. No way to get there if people don't support up until that point though. That said, I don't expect certain people here to be interested or supportive in any manner. You know... like, most of the people who have replied to this thread so far.
They really luv ya man. It's just hard luv
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Suave
They really luv ya man. It's just hard luv
Hahah... I was just saying, those reponses were expected from those people. It's their personalities... atleast online. Not saying there's any deep seated hate or anything, same thing the other way around.

Old March 28th, 2005, 07:05 PM   #13
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm
My money's on you won't even visit it then.
Nope, probably not
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #14
Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
Nope, probably not
Well since you suggested. Any advice on how to obtain such exclusive things? I've heard different means, but maybe you have some suggestions.

Old March 28th, 2005, 08:26 PM   #15
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
this is as much spam as somone posting a review of a game at ign.com.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #16
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint
this is as much spam as somone posting a review of a game at ign.com.
Only if you are a complete moron.

Last edited by speKtor : March 29th, 2005 at 12:55 AM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #17
Repeater

Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
There's nothing the differentiates your site from any other video game review site. You don't have exclusive content, and your rating system is nothing unique. Sorry, but I don't see any reason to "visit" your site more than a "pro" site like Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, etc.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #18
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
Well since you suggested. Any advice on how to obtain such exclusive things? I've heard different means, but maybe you have some suggestions.
Get to know the right people is about all I can suggest.
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:13 AM   #19
mountpanic

mountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond reputemountpanic has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 267
Send a message via AIM to mountpanic Send a message via Yahoo to mountpanic
I'd recommend using a name that isn't already well-used. Have you even Googled "protoculture?"

There is no one you couldn't love once you've heard their story.
Mary Lou Kownacki (via Fred Rogers)

Enjoy the CC Free Games Archive
mountpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #20
Mr. Smurf
Banned

Mr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these partsMr. Smurf is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
Until you've got exclusive screens, videos and interviews, I won't be visiting your site anytime soon.
...and pre-release copies and the reviews are no longer posted in a forum by someone we don't know.

What's the difference between this and reader review you find on ebgames.com? Nothing.

All the same, good luck with it.

Oh yeah, drop the cliche "M$".

Last edited by Mr. Smurf : March 29th, 2005 at 10:16 AM.
Mr. Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM   #21
Xeo

It's just where the review is right now, because the site isn't up. We figured we'd post early content in the forums. He's one of our writers, so he wrote a review. How exactly are you supposed to "know" him? Just like any other site has writers, and they write reviews. You only know them now because they've been doing it for years and are now part of established sites, which we will some day be. Makes sense?

Every site has to start somewhere, it's pretty illogical for anyone to think we would have exclusive this and thats when the site hasn't even launched. It's going to take time and hard work, but we'll get there. Trust that we'll be running some features and doing some things very unique to our site.

Sites like GameSpot and IGN didn't just start off with credibility, well known writers, and exclusive content. They had to build up to that. I think it's a pretty simple concept that you should all understand. We have a good group of intelligent and dedicated people working on The ProtoCulture, and I don't see any reason why we won't be up there at some point.

Destination E3 2006.

Last edited by Xeo : March 29th, 2005 at 12:45 PM.
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #22
Xeo

Also, The Proto Culture was an idea I took from a Del The Funky Homosapien song... look it up... it's about gaming...

or just go to my myspace page and click the latest blog... the song plays there, and there's also a preview of the site look...

Old March 29th, 2005, 05:58 PM   #23
speKtor

Quote:
it's just where the review is right now, because the site isn't up. We figured we'd post early content in the forums. He's one of our writers, so he wrote a review. How exactly are you supposed to "know" him?
I think what he meant was that is was just some random guy's review, like you can find on millions of other forums. Not exactly the most reliable information.

The fact that you call him a "writer" doesnt really mean a whole lot.

Last edited by speKtor : March 29th, 2005 at 06:02 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM   #24
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

every review on a site is some random guys review. u dont take a test or something that certifies u for game reviews....
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #25
Repeater

Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
No, but a lot of magazines and websites have people who've gotten journalism degrees and know something about the business.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: