ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old October 16th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #26
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
This game is structured like a free to play game except it doesn't have any of the basic social features. It is kind of funny how undercooked it is.
Old October 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #27
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
To be fair, Bungie probably hasn't been doing much outside of Halo for the past long while.
Old October 17th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #28
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
So, I haven't played Destiny at all but the complaints everyone seems to have sound an awful lot like the description of game play in Diablo and yet people don't really complain about those things there. Does anyone have a guess as to why that would be? This system isn't new, at all. Games with loot grinding have been a staple for nearly two decades and yet some are considered "classics" and some are boring and repetitive.

Is it an issue of expectation vs. reality? Does Destiny being a shooter instead of an isometric hack 'n' slash attract a different audience with less tolerance for the style of play? Honest questions and no judgment intended. I'm just curious because I'm seeing this all over the web.
I feel there's much more to Diablo than Destiny. Destiny basically put into place a solid core, the shooting feels nice. But everything else is poorly designed. Almost like Bungie was on some short time frame, and just copied and pasted a bunch of the same missions.

I'm baffled as to why so many people are playing it as much as they are. I usually can look at a game and say "Hey, I don't like that, but I understand it's not for me". I can't say that about Destiny, I'm compltely puzzled why people are willing to play the same 8 hours of content for 60+ hours, and are happy doing so.
Old October 17th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #29
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
I feel there's much more to Diablo than Destiny. Destiny basically put into place a solid core, the shooting feels nice. But everything else is poorly designed. Almost like Bungie was on some short time frame, and just copied and pasted a bunch of the same missions.

I'm baffled as to why so many people are playing it as much as they are. I usually can look at a game and say "Hey, I don't like that, but I understand it's not for me". I can't say that about Destiny, I'm compltely puzzled why people are willing to play the same 8 hours of content for 60+ hours, and are happy doing so.
Bungie has always been lazy. Remember all the backtracking in Halo? And Halo 2. And probably 3. I don't remember.
Old October 17th, 2014, 07:02 PM   #30
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 694
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
The end game is certainly a grind, especially if you don't have 5 friends to do the Raid with (me). Though, today I just realized that there are exotic bounty "quests" that can be done. I feel that Destiny does a poor job of exposing these sorts of things to the players (I only learned of this because I was trying to figure out when that Xur dude would be in the Tower, and where he'd be, since he's never in the one spot I saw him once).

It sounds like that "mystery" is intentional, at least in the Raid. I suppose if I chatted more with other people when I play (I don't at all, since I'm not playing with any friends) these sorts of things would be revealed from other players. I also don't really read too much about the game around the web.

All that said, for me, I play to "level up" and I'm a bit of a trophy whore. I like the game's mechanics enough that the grinding isn't too terrible, and the Crucible keeps things interesting when I feel like playing against others.

Once I'm left without things to do though (grimoire bonuses, exotic items. most trophies) I don't think I'll play too much until new content is released. The bi-weekly stuff they do right now wouldn't be enough to keep me interested (Queen stuff, Iron banner).
Old October 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #31
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
People are most likely playing the mp all day long...

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #32
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 694
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by turningpoint View Post
People are most likely playing the mp all day long...
If by "mp" you mean the PVP, yes, they do, but not exclusively. There are always plenty of people my level (27) or higher willing to play Strikes (co-op), and I always see people roaming around on Patrols (PVE), also high level (probably hunting for legendary gear upgrade materials).
Old October 18th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #33
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
It just shows how powerful a loot based game is even when it's not that great. People just love acquiring new and better things.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #34
Pahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
It just shows how powerful a loot based game is even when it's not that great. People just love acquiring new and better things.
Shit, I played the hell out of Too Human. It would have been a badass 4 player game.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:41 PM   #35
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
Still addicted. wish some of you other peeps would play too
Old November 23rd, 2014, 10:44 PM   #36
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
Still addicted. wish some of you other peeps would play too
Way too many good games coming out to still play this.
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #37
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Still playing every day. Just cant get pulled away.
Old May 8th, 2015, 06:15 PM   #38
GuitarGuru

Still addicted. Cant believe none of you guys play it. New DLC comes out on the 19th. I'll be online if anyone wants to play.

I havent had it this bad since PSO.
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #39
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Quote:
Still addicted. Cant believe none of you guys play it. New DLC comes out on the 19th. I'll be online if anyone wants to play.

I havent had it this bad since PSO.
As many here could tell you I played the everloving shit out of PSO but I don't miss the grindiness at all, or the sameness of action. I still play WoW constantly, which I know most have moved on from, but at least when I log in I have options of what I want to do today, and that's what I think I would miss.

Destiny sure does look pretty, though!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #40
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
The Xbox One and 360 versions of Destiny are currently 50% off for Gold Members. I must admit I am slightly tempted.
Old May 17th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #41
Bigg Russ

Bigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Russ has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Bigg Russ

Games Owned: 73
Send a message via AIM to Bigg Russ Send a message via Yahoo to Bigg Russ
My son refuses to put the game down. He's in love with it even being aware of its flaws.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 03:27 PM   #42
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

The Taken King done went and fixed Destiny.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 03:59 PM   #43
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
The Taken King done went and fixed Destiny.
Is it really that much better now? I guess I called it last year.

http://www.consolecity.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=12
Old September 23rd, 2015, 04:04 PM   #44
-Tetsuo-

Yea me and Jag have both turned around in it. Basically the only thing to pull us off of Gears.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 04:05 PM   #45
Vid Gamer

Play MGSV fool
Old September 25th, 2015, 07:02 AM   #46
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
Yea me and Jag have both turned around in it. Basically the only thing to pull us off of Gears.
Yeah i miss playing with you guys, and how come jag can't fucking talk?

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM   #47
-Tetsuo-

Jag has a ritual sacrifice to attend every night.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 05:18 PM   #48
GuitarGuru

Still play everyday. I can not think of a game, ever, that I have been this addicted to.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 09:22 PM   #49
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Still play everyday. I can not think of a game, ever, that I have been this addicted to.
How many hours have you logged?
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #50
GuitarGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
How many hours have you logged?
51 days 5 hours 21 minutes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: