ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM   #26
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
I decided to back the game. They're up to 465 backers, and are at $26,108 of their $31,200 goal. With 19 days left to go I hope they hit it, though the game won't actually ship until 2015.
Old May 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM   #27
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

Games Owned: 0
I back a lot of games but if they are not from a big publisher like Eage, Queen Games, or a well known designer I wont back them.

I know it goes against the whole spirit of Kickstarter, but I don't give a shit. I got screwed on one so fuck em.

Last edited by CAPninja : May 23rd, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM   #28
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPninja View Post
I know it goes against the whole spirit of Kickstarter, but I don't give a shit. I got screwed on one so fuck em.
That sucks. That's always a possibility with this one too. I did find out this morning that the two creators of this game are going to be at a game and trading card store, that is very close to where I live, to demo the game tomorrow. I don't think I'll go though. Fortunately they've sent out early, prototype versions of the game to several board gaming bloggers and YouTube channels, so I've seen some videos of how it plays and people's thoughts on it.

Last edited by Jerome : May 23rd, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 08:33 AM   #29
Jerome

After a very long wait, the first shipments of "Copper Country" are on the way!

In the meantime, I found another game on Kickstarter I might have an easier time convincing some of my friends/family to play: Exploding Kittens by Elan Lee (formally of Microsoft Game Studios and Xbox Entertainment Studios), Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal), and Shane Small (formally of Xbox Entertainment Studios).
Old February 16th, 2015, 11:31 AM   #30
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Dude. It's a fancy version of hot potato...

Get this instead
Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:08 AM   #31
Jerome

Only two people will probably see this, but after having a great experience with CMX Games' first board game (Copper Country), I've just backed their new (second) project:

Brick Work: Create, Collect, Build

It involves Lego style building blocks, which my kids love, so this is something I'm hoping they'll want to play.
Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:31 PM   #32
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I recently picked up Wiz-War. It's an old game, dating back to the early 70s, I believe. You can tell that this game was a big influence on Robo-Rally and some other modern games that have refined the formula.

I like it, though I think it needs more spells. Like any more-or-less rally game, there can be difficulty keeping someone from running away with the game.

I experimented with a rule in Robo Rally where each flag you got gave you a point of permanent damage, but that didn't do much. Maybe only the leader takes damage, or do something to make it worth shutting down more often. I don't know, but I really like the game despite its horrendous balance issues.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:26 AM   #33
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
a big influence on Robo-Rally
Have you tried Colt Express? I'm not sure how much I like it, but I've enjoyed the few games I've played. If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a programmable action game set in the context of Wild West train robbery.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2015, 03:24 PM   #34
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Latest game I picked up was Twilight Imperium: Rex. It is basically a reprint of the old Dune board game.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:13 PM   #35
CAPninja

Here is what I have that's not in storage. We just moved so I only have so much room right now. I plan on building a game room soon. Yea its a mess I know.
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:49 AM   #36
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
So much ikea Kallax...
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2015, 09:43 AM   #37
CAPninja

Ha! Yea I was using just wherehouse shelves from home depot but the wife hated them.
Old October 1st, 2015, 06:52 PM   #38
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to play Neuroshima Hex. I've only played the demo on Android.

Also, you have two copies of Power Grid.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:29 PM   #39
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Need somewhere to keep the expansion boards
Old October 2nd, 2015, 05:35 PM   #40
CAPninja

Quote:

NH Is fun but to be honest its one of the few games I prefer on android/iPad. It just plays quicker when the game does all the small math for you.

One of the Power Grids belongs to my brother, but I do own 2 Twilight Struggles. Different editions/printings.

Thats the thing with board games over other collectables. They will come out with a game and if you don't buy it in time you will have to either pay a fuck ton for it, or wait for a second printing or remake. A lot of times the remake isn't as good as the original first printing ( Fortress. America), or they changed to a theme you don't like as much (Dune is now Rex).
Old October 4th, 2015, 08:42 PM   #41
Jerome

Nice collection!
Old October 12th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #42
-Tetsuo-

Quote:
NH Is fun but to be honest its one of the few games I prefer on android/iPad. It just plays quicker when the game does all the small math for you.

One of the Power Grids belongs to my brother, but I do own 2 Twilight Struggles. Different editions/printings.

Thats the thing with board games over other collectables. They will come out with a game and if you don't buy it in time you will have to either pay a fuck ton for it, or wait for a second printing or remake. A lot of times the remake isn't as good as the original first printing ( Fortress. America), or they changed to a theme you don't like as much (Dune is now Rex).
Xia is currently like 200 bucks because I didn't get it when it came out
Old January 18th, 2016, 11:49 AM   #43
Pahn

Nabbed Mage Knight Board Game and Forbidden Desert!

That's on top of the 4 games I've gotten from board game subscription boxes so far (with one more on the way!).

So yeah, I've acquired a lot of games this month.
Old January 18th, 2016, 09:49 PM   #44
CAPninja

I had Forbidden Desert but gave it away because I already own Pandemic. Good game though.
Old January 19th, 2016, 08:19 PM   #45
Pahn

Quote:
I had Forbidden Desert but gave it away because I already own Pandemic. Good game though.
Not a huge Pandemic fan. I'm looking for something a little lighter, so I think Desert will do it. If nothing else, I prefer the theme.

Anyway, I also bought Dungeon Roll. And Dakota, and Shafausa, and The Ares Project (those three were dirt cheap).
Old January 19th, 2016, 08:38 PM   #46
CAPninja

I havent played any of these. Dungeon roll is the only one I know about. Let me know how they are.
Old January 20th, 2016, 09:19 AM   #47
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
I played Code Names over the holidays and bought into the Secret Hitler kickstarter, but man, I need groups of 8 or so to play both of those games the way they're REALLY fun.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #48
CAPninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez View Post
I played Code Names over the holidays and bought into the Secret Hitler kickstarter, but man, I need groups of 8 or so to play both of those games the way they're REALLY fun.
I have the opposite problem right now. We have 8 and the group refuses to break up into smaller groups, so we're stuck playing mostly crappy party games instead of something really meaty.
Old January 21st, 2016, 08:02 PM   #49
Pahn

Mage Knight and Forbidden Desert arrived today. I felt that was a good reason to buy 504.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 12:44 AM   #50
CAPninja

Quote:
Mage Knight and Forbidden Desert arrived today. I felt that was a good reason to buy 504.
I'm waiting for more time and reviews to come in on 504. I love the designer and it looks like a cool idea, but at the same time it looks really gimmicky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: