ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
3D Dot Game Heroes

Do want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_Dot_Game_Heroes

Surprised nobody has mentioned this at CC- I just heard about it today. Apparently it's a great throwback to the 8 bit era. I think it looks fantastic. PS3 Exclusive.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #2
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

same developer as Demon Souls, btw.

~Bill Hicks
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2041
Games Wanted: 8
I saw 3DDGH mentioned on other sites and I do have interest. 3DDGH still a few month out (5/11/10); wondering if Atlus will put a LE together for it. Oh and I do recall some saying it a rip-off of the classic Zelda formula - not necessarily a bad thing right?

Last edited by Game Rogue : February 19th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #4
DG

DG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond reputeDG has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 28
More and more I really enjoy playing old games, from the 8 and 16 bit eras.

But these new "throwback" games so far haven't hooked me. They seem to be more mocking classic games than paying homage to them.

I do however enjoy games with classic gameplay and modern technology.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Indra

Tycho's early (p)review:

Quote:
With God of War firmly in the bag, I have no "home" - no reliable vessel for my leisure hours. Since I left my Battlefield crew for greener pastures, pastures which had the appearance of lush vitality but on examination revealed serrations and other qualities undesirable in ground cover, I have wandered the wide earth in search of stimuli.

3D Dot Game Heroes has been good in this regard.

It's been good in many regards, actually. It's just good. This is probably mean, because it doesn't come out until April, but God Damn. Games offer a broad spectrum of experiences, but it's rare (at least for me) for a game to produce raw delight, pure brain sugar. This must be how my son feels, powerless to avert his eyes from the taffy puller. Dot Game Heroes secretes globules of honeydew at regular intervals, and my proboscis is always at the ready.

It's candy, in essence: candy optimized by engineers for our distinct palette. 3D Dot Game Heroes also knows it's candy, and is constantly winking at the proceedings. The intro is a thing which is all smut and carnal machinery for devotees of the Adventure RPG form. An immaculate cataloguing of a world which has progressed through every ancient generation of gaming, it reveals a culture where 2D is the traditional way of life - one which converts to 3D by royal decree. I'd say that more or less captures the spirit of the affair. "Inside Baseball" doesn't begin to describe the fractal, perpetually unfolding nature of its appeal to the enthusiast gamer. It bookends the medium beautifully - it captures it, and does it honor.

(CW)TB out.

I can't wait for this one.

~Bill Hicks
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Jesus H Christ

Jesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond reputeJesus H Christ has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JCDavey

Games Owned: 38
Send a message via AIM to Jesus H Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Jesus H Christ
getting this, looks too cool
Old April 14th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #7
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
I pre-ordered on day 1.

Atlus went with a discounted retail price rather than a special edition. Fine with me.

They expected Demon's Souls to sell 75K and it's now passed 280K.
This is probably not going to sell more than 100K.
Old April 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #8
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottt View Post
I pre-ordered on day 1.

Atlus went with a discounted retail price rather than a special edition. Fine with me.

They expected Demon's Souls to sell 75K and it's now passed 280K.
This is probably not going to sell more than 100K.
I hope it does well, I've heard nothing but great things about it.

And $40 seems like a great price.
Old April 19th, 2010, 01:39 AM   #9
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
That is the worst spam ever. Pinto parts? The Pinto? Seriously?
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Game Rogue
Staff Member

Game Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the roughGame Rogue is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Virtua V
PSN: Dr_Deathsmiles

Games Owned: 2041
Games Wanted: 8
Lightbulb

Its out today... picked mine up during lunch - hope to get some playtime tonight.

Game Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #11
Indra

still neck deep in Demons Souls (almost done though). I'll be picking up this game next week. let us know what you think, GR. Reviews have been positive, but inconsistent.

~Bill Hicks
Old May 11th, 2010, 09:55 PM   #12
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

I'll probably nab it for the co-op.
Old May 16th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #13
Xpepepac

Xpepepac is an unknown quantity at this point

Just picked a copy up today too...it's been selling out quickly, but luckily I managed to snag one. I think the zelda theme is pretty cool, it makes me want to get back into the real retro games. Hopefully the gameplay is as good! I think this one is going to be hard to find in a couple years and will fetch a much higher price online.....
Old May 17th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #14
Pahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpepepac View Post
Just picked a copy up today too...it's been selling out quickly, but luckily I managed to snag one. I think the zelda theme is pretty cool, it makes me want to get back into the real retro games. Hopefully the gameplay is as good! I think this one is going to be hard to find in a couple years and will fetch a much higher price online.....
Been a while since we've seen you around here.

Give us some impressions once you play.
Old May 17th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #15
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Wow, you haven't posted here in years.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:12 AM   #16
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Gameplay is fine. The main difference with Zelda is that you want to swing your sword in a circle using the stick or d-pad and never stand in front of the monsters while doing this.

Otherwise, it's mostly an old Zelda game.

I'm off to the first temple.
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #17
Indra

this game is pure cotton candy. well worth the reduced price tag for anyone 25 and over.

~Bill Hicks
Old May 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM   #18
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
...yet another reason to finally get a PS3, I'll have to pick this up.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 07:44 PM   #19
scottt

Some of the trophies are hard, in a retro gaming kind of way.

I can see this game staying my rotation for a while.
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #20
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
3 Dot Game Heroes is $12.93 @ Amazon.
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #21
GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond reputeGuitarGuru has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 369
Send a message via AIM to GuitarGuru
Started playing it a while back, but there were too many other games that I wanted to play more and this got stuck on the back burner. Someday...maybe.
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #22
Xpepepac

Quote:
3 Dot Game Heroes is $12.93 @ Amazon.
Haha damn guess I was a little off.....

Quote:
I think this one is going to be hard to find in a couple years and will fetch a much higher price online.....
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #23
Pahn

Recovering from the rioting?

Was that you that took the flashbang to the nards?

EDIT: Yes, I realize BC is a big place, and you didn't say you were in Vancouver. I don't care.
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #24
Xpepepac

Hah man was that a disaster. I figured there would be some rioting, but not to that extent. Jimmy Kimmel had a funny spot in his monologue about that...apparently we're now a pissed off country and our new slogan is, "Fuck Off". Gotta love it when we make it into the late night jokes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: