ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion General discussion of Dricas Gaming. Discuss all things relevant to the site.

Old December 9th, 2000, 11:07 AM   #1
*Rambo*

*Rambo* can only hope to improve*Rambo* can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Yo!
I am sooo sad to be unranked due to inactivity. I moved from Fort Wayne, Indiana to a smaller town (Bluffton) last week. I had a blazing fast free internet provider in Ft. Wayne but they didn't have any local numbers so I had to get the local service here. I actually connect at a faster rate BUT my ping is horrble! In Ft. Wayne, I had an unbelievable ping of 130-150ms but here in Bluffton I guess it to be around 400+ms! This makes playing Q3 on a competitive basis almost impossible. I am desperately searching for a solution, maybe a new provider or broadband in January. I WILL BE BACK even if it means moving back to Fort Wayne!! I have a 6 month lease here so it may be until June 1st when I can play competitively again. Hopfully you all will still be living in the halls of Quake 3 even when a lot of other cool online games come out. See you guys soon either in January (possible broadband) or June.
*sad^Rambo*
*Rambo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2000, 11:39 AM   #2
jaydot

jaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished road

do you have web browser 2.0?

If so,bring up your command cluster,go to the Settings option.Then click on Internet Connection & go to Dial Options,then try typing any one of the numbers below in the Modem Init section.
1)ATs28=56
2)MS=V90,1,40000,56600
3)MS=V90,1,53000,53000C1S10=50%c0W2,56000,56000
4)MS=56,1,44000,55000
5)MS=56,0,46000,53000
6)MR=2
MR=2 seemed to give me the best results.Hope this helps.
jaydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2000, 04:54 AM   #3
*Rambo*

Thanks!

Thanks for the list of modem init values. I tried the MR=2 and am going to test all of them with Quake 3. I had a discussion with a friend about this and we both believe that changing the values DOES NOT affect gameplay one bit, it only fools the server into giving you a better connection speed rating. You get a good rating but performance stays exactly the same.

I am still puzzled as to why my new ISP doesn't work too hot with Quake 3. My old ISP at my old home connected me at 42666K and gave me a 110-150ms ping with many servers pinging in between 199 and 232ms. The fastest servers I get now are 265-298ms even though I connect at a faster speed (45333K). My ping is now 150-250ms which should be very playable but is almost impossible for me to play a competitive game at this speed. Perhaps I have to re-learn the game at this speed? Hopefully the broadband adapter will be out on schedule (January 2nd?) as this will make the game 10 times as fun. I did see someone using a broadband adapter tonight on Quake 3, perhaps it was an import? He had ping rates in the 16-32ms range!!!!!! That's like playing a lag free 1 player game!!!!!! I can't wait!
*Rambo*
Old December 11th, 2000, 11:25 AM   #4
sirbills

sirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these parts

its BS you got unranked

honest gamers like Rambo shouldn't be getting the shaft. They should have some kind of rule where honest players who report should get an extra grace period between matches. They always got that premimum membership so you could stay in active for 2 weeks. Not sure if you want to shell out 30 bucks though for that little star by your name!lol
sirbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2000, 08:06 PM   #5
*Rambo*

Thanks Sirbills

Hey, thanks for being so supportive of my recent losing of rank BUT it was my own fault. I knew the rules and still remained inactive for over 7 days because I wasn't planning on playing until I found a better connection. Well, needless to say I just couldn't stay away so I started playing again with a very "laggy" connection. Last night I had two terrific matches and beat shelbykaos. I am now ranked again (38th) and plan on playing still although I won't be satisfied with my rank because in the back of my mind, I'll know that I could have even done better had I had my old connection.
Well, hope to see ya around soon. Maybe we can have another ladder match.
*Rambo*

-live long and prosper...lol
Old December 12th, 2000, 10:06 AM   #6
sirbills

sirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these partssirbills is infamous around these parts

ladder match

Yeah, we'll set something up and have a ladder match. We never got to have our first one, even though we meet up on time!lol All those other guys showed up.
sirbills is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: