GameStop, Inc.
ConsoleCity Forums

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > Dricas Gaming Forums > General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion General discussion of Dricas Gaming. Discuss all things relevant to the site.

Old December 16th, 2000, 11:30 AM   #1
*Rambo*

*Rambo* can only hope to improve*Rambo* can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
As some of you know, the new Official Dreamcast magazine came with browser 2.6 which allows for mouse use and free DC to DC calls using the microphone. I'm not sure how this exactly works but my DC phone number is 2196000006 and my username is jedi777. I'm not sure if you enter 2196000006 or jedi777 as my phone number. Respond to this if you want to try it or email me at: [email protected]
*Rambo*
*Rambo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2000, 03:21 PM   #2
jaydot

jaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished road

argh!I knew I should've kept Seaman for the mic.are they ever gonna release that thing separately?
jaydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2000, 10:23 PM   #3
*Rambo*

$7.95 at Sega's Store!

Yo!
I heard you can get the mic at Sega's website store for $7.95 or for $9.95 WITH SEAMAN! What a deal! I paid like $60 for Seaman but now you can get it for $9.95 from Sega!

C'mon people! Don't any of you have the new browser and a mic? Let's try this thing out! Again my number that you enter is either 2196000006 or jedi777. I'm still not 100% sure how this works but I know we BOTH need to be logged onto DREAMCALL although WE CAN surf the net while talking. Cool.

*Rambo*
Old December 17th, 2000, 08:21 AM   #4
kingpickle

kingpickle has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'll call you

or you can call me. You gotta dial the number not the name. Also, you left out the #1 at the beggining of your Dreamcall ID#
kingpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2000, 04:00 PM   #5
jaydot

jaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished roadjaydot is on a distinguished road

thanks Rambo

I'll have to pick that one up again if it's that cheap.I heard that we were going to get to use the mics in NFL2K2 but I didn't think that the web browsers would support them this soon.
jaydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2000, 04:10 PM   #6
*Rambo*

And we made contact!!

Yo!
Well at around 3:30pm Indiana time I was surfing IGNDC.com and listening to an ECCO The Dolphin soundtrack when all of a sudden my little phone icon turned red. I quickly clicked on it and then hit ANS (answer) on the telephone and who was on the other end? Kingpickle! Overall, Dreamcall worked pretty good. There was a slight delay but it was no problem. I could hear the echo in my speaker so I knew when Kingpickle heard my voice. Hey, was that a baby I heard in the background?

Oh yeah, my number is 12196000006
1+area code+6+five zeros+6
I assume when you all get signed up with Dreamcall that your number will be similar. 1+area code+6+a few zeros and your number. I must have been the 6th person to sign up (6 at the end of my number) and Kingpickle must have been 5th. I also was in contact with the guy who was number 1 although I never got a hold of him on Dreamcall. I saw him on 4X4 Evo while using the demo. (YES! The demo is ONLINE PLAYABLE with 2 tracks!!!)
Hopefully they'll incorporate Dreamcall into online games soon!
*Rambo*
Old December 17th, 2000, 04:32 PM   #7
*Rambo*

and AGAIN!

Yo!
Well, now it's 4:30pm and I just called talked to yet ANTOHER person on Dreamcall. It worked perfect!
Oh yeah, it seems as if the SAVE function on the phone book doesn't work.
Here's my latest list of numbers:
*Rambo* 12196000006
Kingpickle 17186000005
smokin1 15026000001

*Rambo*
Old December 19th, 2000, 12:45 AM   #8
*Rambo*

Where to get the mic......

I read on a DC site that the mic was 47.95 and Seaman was $9.95. This may be true but if it is, Sega's site doesn't reflect this new price. I just checked out Sega's store and Seaman was $24.95 and the mic wasn't even listed. There was a phone number you can call but I forgot to write it down. It said to call the number to find out what the holiday specials are. Hmmmm, a $7.95 mic and $9.95 Seaman maybe?? Just click on HOME to go to Sega's site and click on STORE to find out more.

Yes, you need browser 2.6. It comes with the February issue of Official Dreamcast Magazine. I subscribe so I get the mag 1-2 weeks early so you may have to wait. Look for it on store shelves soon! It has a white cover with 3 PSO characters. The demo disc is the BEST EVER! It has 18-Wheeler, MSR, Max Steel, Outtrigger, a Jurassic 5 video (hilarious)), AN ONLINE PLAYABLE 4X4 EVO DEMO THAT SIMPLY ROCKS, and of course browser 2.6 with full mouse support and DREAMCALL. The side button on the mouse brings up your bookmarks....kinda handy.

*Rambo*

...they drew first blood! Not me!
Old December 19th, 2000, 05:22 AM   #9
dabucks

dabucks has a little shameless behaviour in the past

thanks 4 the post rambo now i want to call all my friends using my dc yahhh
dabucks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: