ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Nintendo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nintendo Changed so Game Rogue will enter

Old November 24th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #1
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 184
Games Wanted: 0
Nintendo announces new games, and new screens of Zelda

Quote:
On the eve of the American Thanksgiving holiday, during which Nintendo has traditionally launched a flagship holiday title, the company released new screens for four upcoming games for the GameCube. Of the four games, only one has been previously announced: the newest entry in the Legend of Zelda franchise. The three new shots appear to be pulled from the trailer shown at E3 and offer fans the opportunity to scrutinize the work Nintendo is doing on what will likely be the final Zelda game on the GameCube.

The other three titles, Mario Baseball, Donky Konga 3, and an all-new adventure starring Kirby, have not been officially announced. As such, information on these three titles was scarce.

Mario Baseball appears to be another sports-oriented branch in the Mario series, in the same vein as Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. The screens show glimpses of the usual suspects for the game's cast. It's possible to make out Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach Koopa, Bowser, Wario, and Waluigi out on the field. In the case of Mario and Bowser it's also worth noting their bats appear to be customized, with Mario's sporting his trademark "M" and Bowser's being shaped like a Bullet Bill. The gameplay screens also show off power meters that suggest a Mario Golf-style swing system or something similar.

Donkey Konga 3 will be the next entry in Nintendo's popular rhythm action series whose first installment hit US shores this year. This latest entry appears to incorporate more familiar faces from the Donkey Kong series, what with the appearance of Funky Kong. The screens show off a display that's similar to the previous versions of the game.

Finally, the new Kirby game features the popular power-absorbing puffball in a number of locales doing what he's known for: fighting with an absorbed power, floating to safety with an umbrella, inhaling a foe, swimming underwater, and hopping around rainbows.

The only official information out of Nintendo at the moment states that the games "remain in development." No information about the US launch dates has been announced.

The new Kirby adventure may be interesting, but I'm finished with Mario games, and Donkey Konga 3 already? Where's part 2?
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:27 PM   #2
Morpheus

Morpheus is on a distinguished roadMorpheus is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 41
Mario Baseball? Good grief.

Zelda should be awesome, though some of those textures look N64 quality. Still a ways to go before release so I imagine the look will only improve.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Korr

Korr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of lightKorr is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: Korranator

Games Owned: 197
Quote:
The other three titles, Mario Baseball, Donky Konga 3, and an all-new adventure starring Kirby, have not been officially announced. As such, information on these three titles was scarce.
Let's see:

Mario Baseball - TEH innovation!!1

Donky Konga 3 - Has part 2 even been released yet in the states? Way to milk a new franchise.

A new Kirby - just wow......

I love these new genre defining titles of how to milk it, and they wonder why people are losing interest.

I sorry, but that creature design looks like ass.

Nintendo, the new masters of milking it.

---------------------------------------------------

President Barack Obama - said his $787 billion stimulus bill “has worked as intended”
Korr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:32 PM   #4
PantherX20

PantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the roughPantherX20 is a jewel in the rough

Live!: Evidence786

Games Owned: -5
Eh i try to see it as them sticking with what they're good at (well having success with anyway). The only thing of their's that I didn't enjoy on Gamecube was Mario Sunshine.
PantherX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Symytry

Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of

Mario just needs to go away. Samus should be their mascot for the revolution, they need something grittier than a bubbly plumber in bubblegum land.
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #6
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Urgh, man...that shit looks Nintendo 64 "quality". Just terrible.
Old November 24th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #7
bitWise

bitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud ofbitWise has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Briefly: Kirby...don't give a shit, Donkey Konga 3...like everyone else: was there a 2? And...is the 2nd better than the 1st, because if it isn't who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symytry
Mario just needs to go away.
Exactly! Mario Baseball!!??

The cube has been a good console for me, so far, because I don't have a lot of time for gaming and can't be bothered, for now, with online gaming. So a good title every few months will do me and that's what the cube has provided. MP, Pikmin, the upcoming RE4 and Zelda are games I would not want to be without.

However, I recently picked up Mario Golf and, although I enjoy it, I realized very quickly that not only was the use of the Mario characters and world completely unnecessary, it was actually annoying. I mean I'm almost 30 fucking years old. Although I enjoy a lot of kid stuff I'm absolutely sick of mario & co. That's why I didn't and wont buy Mario Tennis or Mario Baseball for that matter. Nintendo needs to drop Mario or confine him to his own game and create a range of new titles. If they don't give any indication of this at E3 I will not be buying their next console.

The average age of gamers is now in the mid 20s to early 30s (may have the exact range a bit off) and they/we are the ones driving the sales in this industry. Nintendo can no longer cater to kids. It doesn't mean that they have to give up on the kiddie titles, just make them a very secondary part of the plan. They could even create a new sub-brand of kid titles for the revolution...keep them separate...and focus their attention and advertising on more mature shit.

btw: the new Zelda will look great once finished...I'm sure of that.
Old November 24th, 2004, 04:42 PM   #8
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korr
Donky Konga 3 - Has part 2 even been released yet in the states? Way to milk a new franchise.
LOL!

Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2004, 10:59 PM   #9
EvenFlow

EvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enoughEvenFlow will become famous soon enough

Live!: Elev8ion

Now that's the Zelda we all want....not that gay ass sailing cell shaded crap!

I don't want to have to sail in a game EVER again.

~Flow
EvenFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 12:45 AM   #10
cagmere

cagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond reputecagmere has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Cag1082

Send a message via AIM to cagmere
Am I the only dork interested in the Kirby and Mario Baseball?
cagmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #11
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagmere
Am I the only dork interested in the Kirby and Mario Baseball?
Not at all.

I very much enjoy the Mario sports titles.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #12
Xpepepac

Xpepepac is an unknown quantity at this point

heh, maybe the next zelda is gonna be zelda 64, with soul calibur link

sure hope they don't fuck this one up
Old November 26th, 2004, 01:14 PM   #13
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
So...when Nintendo makes a cartoonish Zelda, everyone begins whining about having a game with a more grown up Link. Now that a new Zelda game with a grown up Link is coming out, everyone is whining about how they're releasing too many games in the franchise? Shut the fuck up!
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #14
sickmind

sickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura aboutsickmind has a spectacular aura about

PSN: MrSickmind

I'm gunna be fuckin pissed if those Zelda graphics don't improve, a lot.
sickmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #15
lmhstalker

lmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these partslmhstalker is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Mario Baseball? Good grief.
What's wrong with it? I bet millions of little kids would love to play Mario Baseball.
lmhstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:54 AM   #16
ratpack24

ratpack24 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 46
Send a message via Yahoo to ratpack24
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenFlow
Now that's the Zelda we all want....not that gay ass sailing cell shaded crap!

Damn right.
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:59 AM   #17
Groo the Wanderer

Groo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud ofGroo the Wanderer has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 44
I don't see what the big deal is about these graphics. A couple of these screenshots have some things about them that look bad, but I'm sure it looks better in motion. Besides which, this is the Gamecube, you can't exactly expect Toy Story quality graphics.
Groo the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 02:18 AM   #18
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo the Wanderer
I don't see what the big deal is about these graphics. A couple of these screenshots have some things about them that look bad, but I'm sure it looks better in motion. Besides which, this is the Gamecube, you can't exactly expect Toy Story quality graphics.
nope, but I expect better than PS2
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:53 AM   #19
Overkill
Staff Member

Overkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond reputeOverkill has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Zadoc

Games Owned: 432
Games Wanted: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Overkill Send a message via AIM to Overkill Send a message via MSN to Overkill Send a message via Yahoo to Overkill
Quote:
btw: the new Zelda will look great once finished...I'm sure of that.
Very unlikely at this point in development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmind
I'm gunna be fuckin pissed if those Zelda graphics don't improve, a lot.

I very much doubt that the graphics will improve at all, but I'm sure it'll be a fun game. Who cares if the graphics stink?
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #20
fever
Banned

fever is an unknown quantity at this point

those zelda images are hot! i can't wait to get it!
fever
fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:38 PM   #21
Morpheus

Morpheus is on a distinguished roadMorpheus is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhstalker
What's wrong with it? I bet millions of little kids would love to play Mario Baseball.
I was hoping to for a proper Mario game not another wacky sports game. Besides, I wonder how they'll manage to have more than two teams? That's 18 characters right there. Any more and they'll really be reaching.

I imagine the final Zelda will look better. The final build of OoT looked better than early screens. Regardless, I'm buying a Cube for this game alone. The Link model looks great and the return of Epona makes it a must have in my book. The gameplay should be top notch. This is my most anticipated game of 2005.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #22
Symytry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I was hoping to for a proper Mario game...
I'm not even sure what that is anymore... Nintendo needs to lock the Mario franchise in a vault and never open it again, along with Pokemon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: