ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old May 1st, 2003, 03:03 PM   #1
Sergei

Sergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Thumbs up X2: Believe the hype

This is the official X-Men 2 thread I guess. It came out here Wednesday and all I can say is... this is a sequel on Terminator 2 and Aliens's level. The first one seems like a fucking independent movie compared to this. X-Men 2 rocks!

Everything about it is awesome and much better done than the first. I was mostly excited about seeing the Matrix Reloaded trailer before, but a minute into Nightcrawler kicking everyone's ass in the White House, all of that was forgotten!

I'm seeing it again on Sunday, and so should everyone else... many, many times.

---Sergei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indra View Post
I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:11 PM   #2
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Definitely catching this one this weekend (hopefully it'll play at the theater that allows smoking and serves alcoholic beverages, making the deal that much sweeter). Glad to hear it's that much better than the first, which was barely above mediocre.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:13 PM   #3
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
There's a second X-Men movie coming out?
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:13 PM   #4
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Games Owned: 238
Send a message via AIM to The Punisher
Good! I am going tomorrow afternoon when school is still in!
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Some of the best Christian doctrine books:
http://www.rmiweb.org/books.htm
The Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:21 PM   #5
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
I'm just gonna stay home and go watch it instead of going to school
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:28 PM   #6
J33Edwards

J33Edwards is on a distinguished roadJ33Edwards is on a distinguished roadJ33Edwards is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 33
Send a message via AIM to J33Edwards
I'm going to catch it Saturday night.....

why they have to ruin a perfectly good movie with a preview for the Matrix :P
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:29 PM   #7
The Punisher

The Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these partsThe Punisher is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I'm just gonna stay home and go watch it instead of going to school
Nooooooooo!

We can't be having any of that crap!
3. one who has wholeheartedly complied with the terms for obtaining God 's provision for sin.
4 a person who manifests in his life that his claims to repentance and faith are real.

Old May 1st, 2003, 03:33 PM   #8
BLaZe-Ski

BLaZe-Ski is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 37
I'm watching it late on Friday night due to me having to work until 9:30. I didn't know there was going to be a Matrix Reloaded trailer on it. Sweet! Do you know what makes it even sweeter? I have a free ticket to watch X-2!! MUA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHHA!!!!
Currently playing: FF Tactics, Ninja Five-O, MegaMan Zero 2
BLaZe-Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:00 PM   #9
Y2L

Y2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Definitely gonna watch this movie, and buy the DVD.
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:09 PM   #10
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Quote:
Originally posted by The Punisher
Nooooooooo!

We can't be having any of that crap!
I would go after school or Friday night, but I have grad night tomorrow and we have to be at school at 3:30pm and it doesn't end till 3am, but then everything will be closed. We're going to Universal for our grad night (senior class) and I want to watch it real bad, so I'll prob end up doing that since I don't wanna wait till SAturday to watch it, lol.
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:33 PM   #11
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally posted by BLaZe-Ski
Do you know what makes it even sweeter? I have a free ticket to watch X-2!! MUA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHHA!!!!
Which means you bought that shitty ass Wolverine's Revenge game... didn't you...?

debacle...

ah well... i'm a huge X-Men fan and have been waiting for this sequel to come out as soon as the credits started rolling for the 1st one... Make mine X-Men, nuff said'...

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:03 PM   #12
BIG MIKE

BIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond reputeBIG MIKE has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: beerhammer

Games Owned: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by fgarriel
There's a second X-Men movie coming out?
No, why do you ask?

member and founder of the"space wasting, off topic bastards club"

'May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'

R.I.P KRD, I miss you buddy.
BIG MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 07:50 PM   #13
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
stupid bastards. why are the giving gambit the shaft, he's a card throwing pimp.

at least the have my fav guy in the trailer, that being Colossus.
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:43 PM   #14
Mets31

Mets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished roadMets31 is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 29
Does Iceman have a role in this movie other than just a cameo?
Mets31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:45 PM   #15
The Punisher

Iceman IS in it and from what I understand has a nice sized role.

Old May 1st, 2003, 09:41 PM   #16
Y2L

Y2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished roadY2L is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by speKtor
stupid bastards. why are the giving gambit the shaft, he's a card throwing pimp.

Give it time. THere's no way they'll stop at X2
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:32 PM   #17
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
actaully, from what i have heard, if you look in the backround of one scene, you can see gambit.

he better be in the next one.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:12 AM   #18
Xeo

Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Gambit is indeed my second favorite X-Men...

1-Wolvie
2.Gambit
3.Psylock <- did i spell that wrong...? probably....

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:46 AM   #19
Kev

Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 36
Supposed to be seeing it on Saturday, although my girlfriend is currently full of 'flu, so we may have to postpone it.

Cheers,

Kev
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:25 AM   #20
hawk54321

hawk54321 is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 110
they might never have Gambit, who is my favorite X-Man, i read in an article that the reason that they might not have him is because of the fact that they already have Wolverine and the tension between him, Cyclops, and Jean were enough and that adding another badass would be redundant or something like that, really sucks

i read this on ign in case you want to check it out, it was an old article though

and im seeing this today

Ask a stupid person, get a stupid answer.

If it tastes good it's trying to kill you.

Sometimes words hurt more than a tightly balled fist.
hawk54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:32 AM   #21
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by Xeo:

Which means you bought that shitty ass Wolverine's Revenge game... didn't you...?
There's also a free ticket in the X-Men 1.5 DVD.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:45 AM   #22
The Amazing Zeno

The Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really niceThe Amazing Zeno is just really nice

Send a message via ICQ to The Amazing Zeno
I'd rather see A Mighty Wind.
The Amazing Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:05 AM   #23
DirtySanchez

There's plenty out right now I want to see, including A Mighty Wind, X2, Identity, and Confidence. Holes and Bulletproof Monk rank as rentals only.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:38 AM   #24
Lunch_Meat

Lunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to all

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to Lunch_Meat Send a message via AIM to Lunch_Meat
Quote:
Originally posted by DirtySanchez
There's plenty out right now I want to see, including A Mighty Wind, X2, Identity, and Confidence. Holes and Bulletproof Monk rank as rentals only.
Can't say anything about A mighty Wind but I really liked X2, Identity, and Confidence. I saw X2 on Wednesday and I agree it was a very successful sequal. There are some big spoilers so if you go later rather than sooner make sure to keep your friends quiet.

Quote:
Does Iceman have a role in this movie other than just a cameo?
Iceman does have a good part and he's in the whole movie. Unfortunately this isn't the same for Colossus who only has a bit part.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:22 PM   #25
TheGlove

TheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud ofTheGlove has much to be proud of

Live!: Tiio

Games Owned: 63
Send a message via AIM to TheGlove
I'll be seeing this Saturday, can't wait. After this, it's Matrix Reloaded time.

Congrats to Seattle on a great season. We'll be back next year, and ready to take on the AFC champs AND the refs this time!!
TheGlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: