ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2004, 07:39 AM   #1
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Post - The New Music That's Worth Your Time Thread -

Post links or info on any NEW music you think others should give a listen to... I'm always down to find new enjoyable artists, and it's always good to have help in that search because sometimes it's simply hard to find enough time to look past what's fed to us through the radio and tv and find the real... so a thread like this seems like a good idea...

my 1st entry...

April Smith... straight out of my home state, New Jersey... with a powerful voice and undeniable songwriting talent, i'm expecting this unsigned hype to make some serious noise very, very soon... i'm going to go see her play on the 12th, can't wait... just stumbled across her out of nowhere while reading profiles on www.myspace.com... crazy luck...

give the songs on www.aprilsmithmusic.com a listen... there's quite a few in the player... i think ATLEAST some of you will dig on this shit, if not most...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2004, 08:07 AM   #2
VampMan
Registered User
 
VampMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 5,926
VampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant futureVampMan has a brilliant future


Games Owned: 25
Games Wanted: 0
sounds like some of that generic soft rock shit my mom listens to... no thanks.
VampMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 08:21 AM   #3
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampMan
sounds like some of that generic soft rock shit my mom listens to... no thanks.
fair enough, but i dig it... i dig a lot of acoustic type shit... i dunno'... it's better than a ton of stuff i've heard in the genre though...

but why don't you drop some new music for us then mr. critical...? i'm curious to what you're feelin' that most might not be up on yet... shoot...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #4
speKtor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Slutty Girl Island
Posts: 17,428
speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
sometimes it's simply hard to find enough time to look past what's fed to us through the radio and tv and find the real...
Coming from you, Mister "I love Eminem/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park/Evenesence/every other band that mainstream spoon feeds me", that is hillarious.



Carry on.
__________________
Hummingbirds are legal tender.

Last edited by speKtor : November 4th, 2004 at 11:15 AM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:11 AM   #5
Repeater
Registered User
 
Repeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,825
Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Oahahhhahahahhhahhahaa
__________________
Because we were giants, or maybe birds. We slept with lions. Tucked into their fur. The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #6
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
Coming from you, Mister "I love Eminem/Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park/Evenesence/every other band that mainstream spoon feeds me", that is hillarious.



Carry on.
I happen to think those artists are good, even though they are mainstream... most of what I'm hearing on the radio and seeing on TV however isn't what I consider good...

I don't write off any music because of it's popularity or lack thereof, unlike some people... I listen to music and make my judgement based on quality and nothing more... it is possible to like the popular along with the not so popular, despite what your simple little mind might think...

right now there's just a lot more good underground music than there is good mainstream music... but it's not easy to find if not given the time to look... thus the point of this thread...

participate, or shut it up... thanks a bunch...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com

Last edited by Xeo : November 4th, 2004 at 11:24 AM.
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #7
Symytry
Registered User
 
Symytry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 4,924
Symytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud ofSymytry has much to be proud of


Games Owned: 184
Games Wanted: 0
that sounds terrible.
Symytry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM   #8
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
I'd really appreciate it if you all contributed your own find to the thread instead of just coming in here bashing my find... i know it's difficult for you all stop being assholes for a sec, maybe put yourself out there and recommend something, but give it a try... the thread wasn't made for the purpose of what you are using it for... participate or don't...

Anyway...

I've got another one...

If you've seen the movie Garden State, you know it featured an excellent soundtrack that almost overshadows the movie itself, which is also excellent. There was a song featured on there called "Blue Eyes" by Cary Brothers... the 1st time I heard it, I got goosebumps... hell, the 1st 10 times I heard it, I got goosebumps... i think it's that good...

go http://www.carybrothers.com/ and give a listen to "Blue Eyes" and some of the other excellent songs from his EP, All The Rage... they're all in the player...

also, if you're interestd, scroll down the site and watch a live performance of "Blue Eyes" from the late, late show... there's some eye candy in it for you as his backup singer is cute as hell...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #9
Repeater
Registered User
 
Repeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,825
Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I happen to think those artists are good, even though they are mainstream... most of what I'm hearing on the radio and seeing on TV however isn't what I consider good...

I don't write off any music because of it's popularity or lack thereof, unlike some people... I listen to music and make my judgement based on quality and nothing more... it is possible to like the popular along with the not so popular, despite what your simple little mind might think...

right now there's just a lot more good underground music than there is good mainstream music... but it's not easy to find if not given the time to look... thus the point of this thread...

participate, or shut it up... thanks a bunch...
Ahahahaha, you have to learn what underground means, Xeo. You're a doofus.
__________________
Because we were giants, or maybe birds. We slept with lions. Tucked into their fur. The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #10
speKtor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Slutty Girl Island
Posts: 17,428
speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I don't write off any music because of it's popularity or lack thereof, unlike some people... I listen to music and make my judgement based on quality and nothing more... it is possible to like the popular along with the not so popular, despite what your simple little mind might think...

Yeah, you didnt quite get the gist of my comment did you? You can like any band you want. But what you said was funny because:

You = Mainstream, Constant radio play crap.

You talking about how its hard to find "the real" = hillarious.
__________________
Hummingbirds are legal tender.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #11
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
Yeah, you didnt quite get the gist of my comment did you? You can like any band you want. But what you said was funny because:

You = Mainstream, Constant radio play crap.

You talking about how its hard to find "the real" = hillarious.
I have a very eclectic taste in music... you wouldn't know that because you don't know me... but your assumptions about my musical tastes are humerous, to say the least...

funny how you can come in here and talk shit about my taste in music, yet you're incapable of putting your own ass on the line and recommending something of your own... i think it's your taste & knowledge of music that should be in question here, not mines...

grow up... stop trying to ruin the thread... it's been old for a long time now...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #12
Repeater
Registered User
 
Repeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,825
Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I have a very eclectic taste in music... you wouldn't know that because you don't know me... but your assumptions about my musical tastes are humerous, to say the least...

funny how you can come in here and talk shit about my taste in music, yet you're incapable of putting your own ass on the line and recommending something of your own... i think it's your taste & knowledge of music that should be in question here, not mines...

grow up... stop trying to ruin the thread... it's been old for a long time now...
Um, I think the basic point of this is that no one gives a shit what you think. We don't give a shit because we know for a fact that you're all about a bunch of shitty bands.
__________________
Because we were giants, or maybe birds. We slept with lions. Tucked into their fur. The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #13
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeater
Ahahahaha, you have to learn what underground means, Xeo. You're a doofus.
Oh. Doofus. Good one man...

Underground isn't Satanic Ballerinas, i know that much... Satanic Ballarinas are way below that... they're subterranian, damn near non-existant... and they'll forever stay that way... and it it's not because they're too good either...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #14
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeater
Um, I think the basic point of this is that no one gives a shit what you think. We don't give a shit because we know for a fact that you're all about a bunch of shitty bands.
Well... I may be "all about a bunch of shitty bands" but that's all a matter of opinion... afterall, i don't like your band, which is undeniably shitty... and that's NOT a matter of opinion my friend... that's a fact...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:53 AM   #15
speKtor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Slutty Girl Island
Posts: 17,428
speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
I have a very eclectic taste in music... you wouldn't know that because you don't know me... but your assumptions about my musical tastes are humerous, to say the least...

Assumptions, I'm not making assumptions, you have just said what you like in this very thread! Remember about 3 posts up? "I happen to think those artists are good"...that ring any bells? lol.

Quote:
funny how you can come in here and talk shit about my taste in music, yet you're incapable of putting your own ass on the line and recommending something of your own... i think it's your taste & knowledge of music that should be in question here, not mines...
Putting my ass on the line? LMAO. Yeah, talking about music is really a treachrous business. Your really sticking your neck out. If things dont go well here, you may lose your house and your job and be forced you to live on the street. Talk about melodramatic. lol.

Quote:
grow up... stop trying to ruin the thread... it's been old for a long time now...
You're telling me to grow up? You make a thread about what you think is good music that people should listen to, and as soon as someone criticizes it you start to whine like they just kicked your mother in the stomach. Yeah, I'm the one that needs to grow up. lol.
__________________
Hummingbirds are legal tender.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #16
Repeater
Registered User
 
Repeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,825
Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
Oh. Doofus. Good one man...

Underground isn't Satanic Ballerinas, i know that much... Satanic Ballarinas are way below that... they're subterranian, damn near non-existant... and they'll forever stay that way... and it it's not because they're too good either...
First, subterranean and undergrond mean the same thing, so you're retarded. Secondly, you use the word "underground", but you have no idea what it actually means in its application to music.
__________________
Because we were giants, or maybe birds. We slept with lions. Tucked into their fur. The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #17
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
Assumptions, I'm not making assumptions, you have just said what you like in this very thread! Remember about 3 posts up? "I happen to think those artists are good"...that ring any bells? lol.



Putting my ass on the line? LMAO. Yeah, talking about music is really a treachrous business. Your really sticking your neck out. If things dont go well here, you may lose your house and your job and be forced you to live on the street. Talk about melodramatic. lol.



You're telling me to grow up? You make a thread about what you think is good music that people should listen to, and as soon as someone criticizes it you start to whine like they just kicked your mother in the stomach. Yeah, I'm the one that needs to grow up. lol.
I like those artists among hundreds of others, so what's your point? Easy, you don't have one.

Putting your ass on the line, right. It's easy to criticize another person's stance when you have no stance of your own for others to criticize. But I would expect no less from you.

Yes, grow the fuck up. Meaning, participate in the thread or shut the fuck up. Your childish side can't help but to come in here and try to ruin the thread because you saw that it was started by Xeo. It really is becoming rather obsessive. Again, grow up.

This thread wasn't created so that the all-knowing Xeo could school you all on what's good music and what isn't... it was a thread created so that we could all introduce eachother to some music that we were not aware of and may potentially enjoy. I like to be put up on new things, so I think it's a good idea.

Now, if you're not going to participate, please keep your negative posts to yourself.

It's perfectly fine to say you didn't like someonething someone else posted, but atleast post some of your own finds. What you're doing is just being a cowardly nuisance... not a good look...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #18
Pahn
Moderator
 
Pahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: You know the place
Posts: 23,664
Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I like The Gathering.

They're like Evenescence (in that they have a female vocalist), except infinitely better. No nu-metal or rap influences to be found.

Check out the song Herbal Movement if you get a chance.
__________________
Pahn!
“About the only thing Lindsay Lohan and Elizabeth Taylor have in common is that your senses would be assaulted if you spread their legs right now and you’d get some awful disease if you fucked them."
Pahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #19
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeater
First, subterranean and undergrond mean the same thing, so you're retarded. Secondly, you use the word "underground", but you have no idea what it actually means in its application to music.
You're all out of material man...

I guess that means it's the perfect time to put pen to paper and write your shitty ass band another non-hit that you can play to all your friends who are too nice to tell you how bad it sucks dick...

BEGIN!
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #20
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn
I like The Gathering.

They're like Evenescence (in that they have a female vocalist), except infinitely better. No nu-metal or rap influences to be found.

Check out the song Herbal Movement if you get a chance.
Ah, see! Word up man... I also dig The Gathering... I found out about them about a year ago and I still have a few songs from them on my hard drive right now... I know I've got a song called "Broken Glass" and some other one that I can't remember right now... good stuff... I'll check out Herbal Movement for sure... the name doesn't ring a bell so I probably never downloaded that track...

*looks at repeater and spek*

See how easy it is to not be a complete asshole all of the time?
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #21
speKtor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Slutty Girl Island
Posts: 17,428
speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
*looks at repeater and spek*

See how easy it is to not be a complete asshole all of the time?
yeah, cause obviously anyone who disagrees with Xeo is an asshole.


You better be careful Pahn, apparently you are risking alot by talking about music. You're ass is on the line you know. The world is judging you. lol.


BTW, I would just like to point out how funny it is that Xeo gets all cranky at me for making assumptions, then he does it himself by assuming that just because I havent listed any bands i have no stance on anything. lTypical Xeo though. lol.
__________________
Hummingbirds are legal tender.

Last edited by speKtor : November 4th, 2004 at 12:44 PM.
speKtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #22
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor
yeah, cause obviously anyone who disagrees with Xeo is an asshole.


You better be careful Pahn, apparently you are risking alot by talking about music. You're ass is on the line you know. The world is judging you. lol.


BTW, I would just like to point out how funny it is that Xeo gets all cranky at me for making assumptions, then he does it himself by assuming that just because I havent listed any bands i have no stance on anything. lTypical Xeo though. lol.
Has nothing to do with dissagreeing... has everything to do with how you were born and raised...

Pahn is fine and proved to be a better person by not joining in your childish games you like to play... even though we've had beef in the past, he doesn't wait for my every post to come in and say some dumb shit... you could learn something from him...

Prove you have a stance on something, till then, i don't need to assume shit... you're showing you have no stance...

take it e-z...
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM   #23
Repeater
Registered User
 
Repeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 5,825
Repeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud ofRepeater has much to be proud of

Live!: STEINAMO

Games Owned: 29
Games Wanted: 7
Send a message via AIM to Repeater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo
Has nothing to do with dissagreeing... has everything to do with how you were born and raised...

Pahn is fine and proved to be a better person by not joining in your childish games you like to play... even though we've had beef in the past, he doesn't wait for my every post to come in and say some dumb shit... you could learn something from him...

Prove you have a stance on something, till then, i don't need to assume shit... you're showing you have no stance...

take it e-z...
Actually, Pahn was explaining how shitty Evanescence is, and how you listen to shitty versions of good bands. Of course, you're too naive and dense to figure this out. As for you using the term "underground", you obviously have no idea what it means. Underground is a subculture, not a buzzword. It's a culture that you don't belong to, so quit trying to co-opt people with your bullshit about "eclectic music tastes", which is a quality that you don't have even if you would like to believe so.
__________________
Because we were giants, or maybe birds. We slept with lions. Tucked into their fur. The world may seem cruel. The worldly may hate us. In time we will show the world why the world made us.

-------
Brandon
Listen to The Minneapolis Henrys
Repeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM   #24
Xeo
Registered User
 
Xeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Nu Jeruzalem...
Posts: 17,258
Xeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these partsXeo is infamous around these parts

Live!: Xeo

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Xeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repeater
Actually, Pahn was explaining how shitty Evanescence is, and how you listen to shitty versions of good bands. Of course, you're too naive and dense to figure this out. As for you using the term "underground", you obviously have no idea what it means. Underground is a subculture, not a buzzword. It's a culture that you don't belong to, so quit trying to co-opt people with your bullshit about "eclectic music tastes", which is a quality that you don't have even if you would like to believe so.
You're still going man? Stop it.
__________________

Get Games On GamersGate.com
Xeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #25
SAiNT-X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,859
SAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond reputeSAiNT-X has a reputation beyond repute


Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Joe Purdy - Wash Away (Featured on Lost ep. 4).

Alexi Murdoch - Four Songs (Album).

They have similar sounds, acoustic/indie, similar to Jack Johnson.

Last edited by SAiNT-X : November 4th, 2004 at 06:43 PM.
SAiNT-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.