ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gadgets & Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 26th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
What are you running?

For the custom rom users.

I am using the latest weekly beta SlimRom for my Sprint SG3 with the latest decilman's playground kernel. Would usually post more specs or whatever but I am more curious to see what you guys may be using. Screenshots, maybe, too?

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2014, 12:34 AM   #2
Julez

Julez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond reputeJulez has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: PattF

Jailbroken iOS 7.0.4 on my 4s. The theme is "Soft Remix" and i have way too many tweaks running in the background to list. I have my phone set up exactly how I want a phone to work and it never gives me problems. I almost bought a Nexus 5 but iOS 7 has really made me love using my phone again. It feels so fresh compared to everything else I've used.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 09:25 PM   #3
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Right now I'm running Beanstalk 4.4. I was running slimrom nightly rom, and am going to go back to it. So far it has been my favorite rom to run. I'm using a Galaxy S4.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:40 PM   #4
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmAsHeD IxNaY View Post
Right now I'm running Beanstalk 4.4. I was running slimrom nightly rom, and am going to go back to it. So far it has been my favorite rom to run. I'm using a Galaxy S4.
I equally liked and disliked beanstalk. The gs3/d2spr is getting weekly slimrom builds, latest being RC. Never stuck with slim for long but I have been digging it for a few weeks. The KK builds are way more stable than stable JB builds. The one I loved and wish had more development on for my device is OmniRom.

Are you using ART?

Old February 4th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #5
SmAsHeD IxNaY

SmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond reputeSmAsHeD IxNaY has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 78
Send a message via AIM to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via MSN to SmAsHeD IxNaY Send a message via Yahoo to SmAsHeD IxNaY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
I equally liked and disliked beanstalk. The gs3/d2spr is getting weekly slimrom builds, latest being RC. Never stuck with slim for long but I have been digging it for a few weeks. The KK builds are way more stable than stable JB builds. The one I loved and wish had more development on for my device is OmniRom.

Are you using ART?
I haven't used ART yet. I tried it on a rom before and it was completely unstable. I want to say that was 2-3 months ago at least. I haven't tried it since, but will look into it if roms have it and it's stable now.
Old February 8th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #6
Z_E_R_O

Finally! A new build of my favorite rom is my daily driver! I love OmniRom!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588255

My next device will be decided on whether or not Omni is available official. Fish el? Yes. They have the little things. I hope they go a long way.

Old February 10th, 2014, 08:30 AM   #7
notsofun28

notsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant futurenotsofun28 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
Jailbroken iOS 7.0.4 on my 4s. The theme is "Soft Remix" and i have way too many tweaks running in the background to list. I have my phone set up exactly how I want a phone to work and it never gives me problems. I almost bought a Nexus 5 but iOS 7 has really made me love using my phone again. It feels so fresh compared to everything else I've used.

I'm running a similar setup except on my iPhone 5. It really is the best "phone experience" I've ever had. I used to have the Droid and I was into the custom rom scene, but now iOS 7 with a jailbreak is a far better experience IMO.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Z_E_R_O

I tried out everything on my m8. Recently gained s-off and went flash crazy. But I found Captain Throwback's GPE port for Sprint m8. First time ever....end of the road. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...762336&page=68.
The battery life from this thing is beyond imagination. Buttery smooth. I do not even want to try anything else. If I was on another carrier Google Play Edition would be the purchase. Did not do the "conversion". It is a flashable ported ROM. Solid, stable. Customization through the Xposed framework is flawless.
I tried ARHD, it was aiight but seemed less glossy than the stock ROM. I will say Sense is kinda awesome. The battery on stock is very good. Also tried insertCoin. Did not like it. Battery took a hit. Renovate is excellent. Viper is Viper just a new flavor, but seems to not be the destination for HTC devices that I remember. Viper was the shit, BITD. Bad Boyz was not great, either.
Of the Sense ROMs Renovate and ARHD were my favorites, with Renovate by far being stand out.
AOSP is wacky. Lots of whack shit. CM is the worst CM on a device I have ever used. You have to tinker with data pretty much on all builds. The AOKP that is based on OmniROM is solid. It is hard to find actual Omni builds for this device, but the source is there. Dirty Unicorns is based on it and it is amazing.
These ROMs do not even compare to GPE, tho. I didn't even think I would like GPE but yes.

The s-off/root thing is easily dealt with by either firewater or sunshine. Most devices that are out are "whelp" meaning firewater will not work. My device was HTCDev unlock. Rolled s-on just fine. My device is "whelp". So I had to use sunshine. It costs $25. If you look at who is involved with that project, it is worth every penny. They pretty much have done all the unlocking and it is good stuff. Worth it. In the new updates....you do not even need root or temp root. It roots your device and s-offs it. So any members with HTC phones that have had issues or want to do it the safest way possible....look into it.

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM   #9
Baron3ss

Baron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished roadBaron3ss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_E_R_O View Post
I tried out everything on my m8. Recently gained s-off and went flash crazy. But I found Captain Throwback's GPE port for Sprint m8. First time ever....end of the road. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...762336&page=68.
The battery life from this thing is beyond imagination. Buttery smooth. I do not even want to try anything else. If I was on another carrier Google Play Edition would be the purchase. Did not do the "conversion". It is a flashable ported ROM. Solid, stable. Customization through the Xposed framework is flawless.
I tried ARHD, it was aiight but seemed less glossy than the stock ROM. I will say Sense is kinda awesome. The battery on stock is very good. Also tried insertCoin. Did not like it. Battery took a hit. Renovate is excellent. Viper is Viper just a new flavor, but seems to not be the destination for HTC devices that I remember. Viper was the shit, BITD. Bad Boyz was not great, either.
Of the Sense ROMs Renovate and ARHD were my favorites, with Renovate by far being stand out.
AOSP is wacky. Lots of whack shit. CM is the worst CM on a device I have ever used. You have to tinker with data pretty much on all builds. The AOKP that is based on OmniROM is solid. It is hard to find actual Omni builds for this device, but the source is there. Dirty Unicorns is based on it and it is amazing.
These ROMs do not even compare to GPE, tho. I didn't even think I would like GPE but yes.
I have the M7 and have been running an InsertCoin GPE rom for a while. I've tried others, but there's always some BS I hate dealing with. Like not having the battery percentage available without an app running. I also hate when they have like 40 different volume levels for everything. I just want my phone to be the same volume across all apps and not have to fuck with all those toggles.
Baron3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #10
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Just install Power Toggles. Surely one app in your notification tray won't hurt, especially when said app adds so much functionality. I hate how Google does notification area settings these days, unless you're on a landscape device and have your own separate pulldown apart from the notification one.

It's certainly easier than fucking with ROMs.
Old August 4th, 2014, 04:56 PM   #11
Z_E_R_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron3ss View Post
I have the M7 and have been running an InsertCoin GPE rom for a while. I've tried others, but there's always some BS I hate dealing with. Like not having the battery percentage available without an app running. I also hate when they have like 40 different volume levels for everything. I just want my phone to be the same volume across all apps and not have to fuck with all those toggles.
Yeah there's three options for GPE on the Sprint m8....Throwback's, Sinless/TeamNocturnal, and the RUU. I will not do the RUU because if I want to undo the table changes it's just going to piss me off. I am lazy. I am sure the RUU is great and as vanilla as it could be, and SinLess has too many custom options. I do use his kernel port, tho! Scared of battery life with all his fucking audio tweaks and TN Settings apps.
I LOVE 30 STEP VOLUME!!!! Just for my media.
I HATE BATTERY PERCENTAGE SHOWING! With a passion. It psychs me out. I always get better battery life just not knowing, it's better for my sanity. I'll notice the battery percentage tick down and start fucking with shit all paranoid. "OMG MY BATTERY!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
Just install Power Toggles. Surely one app in your notification tray won't hurt, especially when said app adds so much functionality. I hate how Google does notification area settings these days, unless you're on a landscape device and have your own separate pulldown apart from the notification one.

It's certainly easier than fucking with ROMs.
Quick Settings are my favorite. On Google builds I guess you just cannot willy nilly change them, but with GravityBox you can work wonders. I would prefer full customizing like AOKP or something but it's good enough. My wife uses Power Toggles on her MotoX because Quick Setting Toggles are locked and she is full stock. But I absolutely hate having toggles on my notification shade. Honestly I want nothing there. Heads Up Notifications rule, and they get swiped off as soon as I see them. Quick Settings also has Quick Pulldown so you can just drag down from right corner and POW! There it is.

Old August 8th, 2014, 06:47 PM   #12
Z_E_R_O

I cannot get off this GPE ROM. Used to be AOSP insane, but I feel I do not even need to try them anymore. Somebody suggest me a sweet AOSP build and change my mind.

Old May 17th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #13
DeadInc

DeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond reputeDeadInc has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: mr deadinc

Games Owned: 88
Send a message via AIM to DeadInc
Moto x Android lolipop

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart
DeadInc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: