ConsoleCity Forums   GameStop, Inc.

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old February 18th, 2017, 03:00 PM   #26
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 399
Games Wanted: 4
...I tried the Switch out last Friday and was pretty pleased with what I experienced. I hope the console does well, it seems pretty solid imo.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2017, 11:55 PM   #27
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
Got my Switch, love it!
Old March 5th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #28
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
BotW is sooooo dope.

Baffling that Nintendo decided to use friend codes again though...

I'll post mine later
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2017, 04:42 PM   #29
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 191
Send a message via AIM to bigloser Send a message via MSN to bigloser
I got one Friday. I feel it has a lot of potential, Zelda might be a great all time caliber game. But I can't help Nintendo has some design issues going on... First issue is the analog sticks on the Joycons. They are awful, far too short to really feel like you have a good range of analog movement. The screen being plastic as a 300 dollar device unacceptable, and the Dock is scratching systems, and needs a redesign.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Old March 7th, 2017, 07:47 PM   #30
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Friend Code is 7535 4565 1601
Old March 8th, 2017, 03:02 PM   #31
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloser View Post
I got one Friday. I feel it has a lot of potential, Zelda might be a great all time caliber game. But I can't help Nintendo has some design issues going on... First issue is the analog sticks on the Joycons. They are awful, far too short to really feel like you have a good range of analog movement. The screen being plastic as a 300 dollar device unacceptable, and the Dock is scratching systems, and needs a redesign.
Yeah, the whole docking thing is a real mess. It's so odd because the actual tablet is such high quality and then the dock is a shitty piece of plastic. It's bewildering Nintendo would ship these things not knowing how easy it is to smudge and scratch the screen with them which makes me believe something got fucked during the mass production of them. Playing with separated joycons is cool at first but they are just way too small to play with comfortably. I know the Pro controller is $70 but damn is it a great controller. I'll never use the joycons again now that I have it. Another small gripe is I wish the screen size of the tablet was a bit bigger.

Interface wise it's super fast which is awesome considering how shit the Wii U was at launch, but it's also super bare bones. I honestly feel like people who buy the Switch at launch are beta testing this thing. The UI is snappy but it's missing that Nintendo charm. There's no music, no themes, no real sense of community like the Wii U since they got rid of Miiverse which was a huge mistake, IMO. It's mind boggling Nintendo went back to Friend Codes. Other people are critical there's no apps like Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, web browser, etc. but I couldn't care less about that stuff. I have 30 other devices that can do those things, it's an odd complaint, IMO. It's coming down the road anyway: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/8/148...amazon-support

Overall, they have a solid foundation with this UI that I'm sure will be expanded as time goes on.

Last edited by Vid Gamer : March 8th, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old March 10th, 2017, 02:15 AM   #32
bigloser

bigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond reputebigloser has a reputation beyond repute

my friend code is SW-0703-9952-3799

I'll send you a request Bizzy. I'm not sure if we both have to send it or not, but I guess we'll find out.

I have Bomberman and Fast RMX, which I think are the only two online games.

Fast is surprisingly fun. Some people are sayin it's better than some Fzero and Wipeout games, but I don't agree at all... doesn't have the same quality of level design, but I still think it's a lot of fun.

It's not online but I really like Blaster Master Zero. Feels like a true sequel to the original... plays pretty great.

Last edited by bigloser : March 10th, 2017 at 02:21 AM.
bigloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017, 10:07 PM   #33
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
What a garbage system. Nintendo's done with the console business. Chalk up another failure.
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:23 PM   #34
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 180
I've been sitting on the fence for a long time and have not purchased any new systems this generation even though I typically end up with all systems for each generation. I can ignore the Switch's lack of power. And as appealing as Nintendo's 1st party games are, I can't get over its lack of 3rd party support. I want to play Doom, Resident Evil 7, GTA, etc.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #35
Vid Gamer

Quote:
my friend code is SW-0703-9952-3799

I'll send you a request Bizzy. I'm not sure if we both have to send it or not, but I guess we'll find out.

I have Bomberman and Fast RMX, which I think are the only two online games.

Fast is surprisingly fun. Some people are sayin it's better than some Fzero and Wipeout games, but I don't agree at all... doesn't have the same quality of level design, but I still think it's a lot of fun.
FC sharing is just one way this time at least.

I have both Bomberman and Fast RMX and they are okay. Bomberman is still fun with a bunch of people in local play but Konami really didn't give a shit about the game because it's so basic. Online play is very laggy with some terrible input delay. Definitely not worth $50. Fast RMX is a cool old school arcade racer but again the very short time I played online it seemed very laggy. Multiple times I was 1st but ended the race in 2nd because lag I assume. Lots of times I saw ships skipping across the track. I bought a LAN adapter so I have a wired connection too. This better improve because I'm not paying for online if it's as shoddy as this.

BotW is definitely the saving grace though. Easily the best launch title for a system since Mario 64.
Old March 18th, 2017, 04:12 PM   #36
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
FC sharing is just one way this time at least.

I have both Bomberman and Fast RMX and they are okay. Bomberman is still fun with a bunch of people in local play but Konami really didn't give a shit about the game because it's so basic. Online play is very laggy with some terrible input delay.
...Konami has released a patch for Bomberman to resolve this issue.

David Cay. Johnston

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Old March 20th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #37
Vid Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...Konami has released a patch for Bomberman to resolve this issue.
Patch made the controls much better. Haven't tried online again yet.
Old March 26th, 2017, 02:24 AM   #38
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Red face

Quote:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Dude, holy shit! What a terrible first impression.
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:59 AM   #39
Syndicate

...to be fair those problems aren't common. Nintendo has resolved the joycon issues and I would recommend a screen protector for any device w/a screen like that. There are some pretty solid tempered glass options available.

David Cay. Johnston

Old March 28th, 2017, 03:50 PM   #40
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
...to be fair those problems aren't common. Nintendo has resolved the joycon issues and I would recommend a screen protector for any device w/a screen like that. There are some pretty solid tempered glass options available.
You'd think somebody at Nintendo would have said "Hey guys, people are going to be sliding their system in and out of this thing, so maybe we should put some felt or rubber strips going down the inside."
Old March 29th, 2017, 06:43 PM   #41
Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
You'd think somebody at Nintendo would have said "Hey guys, people are going to be sliding their system in and out of this thing, so maybe we should put some felt or rubber strips going down the inside."
...that's fair.

David Cay. Johnston

Old June 29th, 2017, 11:54 AM   #42
bigloser

After owning the Switch for about 3 months, or 4, I can't remember what day it launched. But it's exceeded my expectations by a lot.

The online is trash, there's no way around that. But I've really enjoyed almost everything else about it, even the library has been much better than your typical Nintendo launch window library.

I feel like it's probably Nintendo's best console effort since the GameCube so far. Very happy with it.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 02:10 PM   #43
Vid Gamer

I think I can already say I like the Switch better than the Wii U and even the Wii.

I already have 11 physical games with Splatoon 2 next and 23 eShop games.
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:43 AM   #44
bigloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I think I can already say I like the Switch better than the Wii U and even the Wii.

I already have 11 physical games with Splatoon 2 next and 23 eShop games.
I owned the Wii and Wii U at/around their launches. I definitely already like the Switch more than both of those (comparing launch windows).... though I do feel the Wii U eventually became an underrated console because Nintendo just hit a home run with a lot of their first party support for the U, there just needed to be more of it.

The Wii, I disliked it from the start. I felt Zelda Twilight Princess was an extremely boring game, and outside of a few gems, and Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, which are quite possibly two of the best Nintendo games they've ever produced.

I didn't like the system much at all.

I didn't care for the wii's controller, the classic controller was ok, and the pro controller wasn't as good as the other two console's controllers. I already had an HDTV by the time the Wii came out, and the Wii just looked awful on my TV.

But most importantly, the ratio of shovelware to good games on the Wii is quite astonishing... I would say up there with the Atari 2600 with just the amount of bad to good games... the only difference being the 2600 had more "classics".
Old August 28th, 2017, 09:29 AM   #45
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

It took nearly 6 months, but yesterday I saw my first Nintendo Switch sitting on a store shelf. I walked by and did a double take, because I couldn't believe it. I managed to control the small urge I had to actually buy it.
Old August 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #46
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
Best Buy usually has a few in stock... at least every time I walk in there. I got one yesterday for a portable Sonic Mania. Had Zelda and Mario Kart 8 for a few months, lol.
Old September 6th, 2017, 09:12 AM   #47
Jerome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
Best Buy usually has a few in stock... at least every time I walk in there. I got one yesterday for a portable Sonic Mania. Had Zelda and Mario Kart 8 for a few months, lol.
I'm at the disadvantage of living in a small town, where the only options are Walmart, Shopko and a small used video game store. There was a GameStop here, but it closed earlier this year. If I want to go to Best Buy I have to drive 2 hours.
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #48
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
I saw a really funky Splatoon 2 bundle Switch in Walmart the other day. The joycons were lime green and neon pink, and it came with the game and a carry case.

The colour scheme was just SUPER funky looking. I don't really think I'd want those colours. Mine has the grey joycons.
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:44 PM   #49
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 180
They seem to be a lot more common now. According to Best Buy's website there are 8 locations within 3-21 miles of me with the gray units. Only one location with the neon red/blue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: