ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > Gaming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming One place to talk all games

Old May 16th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Rumor: Halo 1-4 Bundle on Xbox One

Microsoft announced that Halo 5: Guardians is coming out in 2015, but in the past they said there was going to be a Halo game coming in 2014. The speculation was that it would be Halo 2: Anniversary Edition, since it will be the 10 year anniversary of its release, and they did that with the original Halo.

However, according to Engadget, Microsoft is planning on releasing remastered versions of the first four Halo games in a bundle. To top it off, earlier today Major Nelson had a blog post about the Halo 5 announcement and ended with this:

Quote:
Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a “journey,” rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited the special plans we have in store.

Major Nelson
A "journey" could certainly be the previous games that lead up to Halo 5... and a "giant leap" could be all four main Halo games, rather than "one small step," if it was just Halo 2: Anniversary Edition.
Old May 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
Pretty sweet.

Would be amazing if all the games had their MP intact but we know that will never happen.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #3
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
Pretty sweet.

Would be amazing if all the games had their MP intact but we know that will never happen.
Yeah, I can't see that happening, but assuming this is true, I'm very curious to see what they'll do with the multiplayer. Will each game offer online co-op? Will there be true, competitive multiplayer, and if so will it just be one version, using maps from all games, and using the latest (Halo 4) online structure, features, etc.?
Old May 19th, 2014, 04:29 PM   #4
YoungFan

YoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond reputeYoungFan has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: xIceCBx
PSN: IceCB

Games Owned: 56
Send a message via AIM to YoungFan Send a message via Yahoo to YoungFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Yeah, I can't see that happening, but assuming this is true, I'm very curious to see what they'll do with the multiplayer. Will each game offer online co-op? Will there be true, competitive multiplayer, and if so will it just be one version, using maps from all games, and using the latest (Halo 4) online structure, features, etc.?

Rather all the maps using Halo 2's online structure and features.
YoungFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #5
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
Maybe its just me but I would be kinda pissed if I bought a $500 next gen system only to have MS act like they are doing me a great service by "releasing" 4 games from the previous two generations.

But again, thats just me. And I admittedly was never a fan of Halo either.
Old May 20th, 2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Bah, some of my best gaming fun times were had playing HD remakes of PS2 games on the PS3.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: