November 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Jacksonville, FL.
Far Cry 3 - Saved the best for Last?
Far Cry 3 doesn't come out until December 4th, so the thread is a little premature. But from what I've seen from the videos, and the things I've read in reviews/heard on podcasts. Far Cry 3 the last big video game release of 2012, might just be the best of 2012.
- EuroGamer - 10 out of 10 - "In the past, Far Cry's vision of a first-person shooter RPG where you explore, master and then control your environment has always been more seductive on paper than any of its developers have managed to deliver on disc. Far Cry 3 changes all that. For me, this is the new apex predator of open-world shooters. Hunt it down as soon as you can."
- Guardian - 5 out of 5 - "Every so often, a game comes along which is so irresistible that it leaves you wondering whether sequelitis might actually be a good thing. Far Cry 3 being a classic example."
- Xbox Achievements - 93 out of 100 - "Brilliant. The last big release of the year, Far Cry 3 may well top them all. Almost unfalteringly entertaining, it's a game that will have you coming back for more long after the credits have rolled"
- GameInformer - 9.0 out of 10 - "After two remarkable but uneven offerings, Far Cry finally pulls everything together in the third installment. The diverse open-world action, compelling story, and an alluring environment that begs exploration are all high water marks for the series. This is an island adventure all shooter fans should experience."
- OXM - 9 out of 10 - "handily the best game in the series so far, and deserves to hold its head high among this winter's noisy crowd of sandbox offerings. If madness is repetition, this is one reworking of a formula I don't mind losing my mind to."
- WorthPlaying - 9 out of 10 - "Packed with content, visually stunning and simply fun to play, it's difficult to find fault with Far Cry 3. Once you step into Jason's shoes, the urge to explore takes over, and you'll find yourself wasting hours wandering the island and trying to complete "just one more objective." Don't say we didn't warn you."
- GameTrailers - 8.6 out 10 - "There are miles of terrain to discover in Far Cry 3, filled with numerous trials and objectives to explore at your own pace, and an excellent sense of connection with the game's unhinged cast. The co-op and competitive multiplayer components stand as comparative low points, but chances are you'll be so busy trekking through this vast island that you'll likely write them off as just another symptom of jungle sickness."