ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #51
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
Games Wanted: 0
Quote:
Glenn Beck Thinks God Killed Antonin Scalia To Help Ted Cruz Get Elected President

Glenn Beck has a theory on the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, and it's unlike just about anything else floating around out there.

In video posted online by Right Wing Watch, the talk show host explained that God may have killed the conservative justice to make a point -- specifically to jolt Americans into realizing how important their freedom is so that they vote for Ted Cruz to pick Scalia's replacement.

Full Story
I did find it suspicious that somebody who was a mere 79 years old just up and died!
Old February 19th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #52
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I did find it suspicious that somebody who was a mere 79 years old just up and died!
79 and in poor health.
Old February 29th, 2016, 11:22 PM   #53
Viper
Administrator

Viper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond reputeViper has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: JayCCity
Steam: jaycc

Games Owned: 694
Games Wanted: 64
Send a message via ICQ to Viper Send a message via AIM to Viper Send a message via Yahoo to Viper
Old March 9th, 2016, 01:05 AM   #54
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Damn... So Bernie Sanders just made history by overcoming the largest deficit, in final polling average (losing by 21.3%), in Michigan. Previous record was Gary Hart, in 1984, when he was losing by 17.1% in New Hampshire.

He still has a lot to overcome, but nobody in the media predicted tonight.
Old March 9th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #55
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

Fuuuuuuuuuuck Hillary Clinton.
Old March 26th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #56
Jerome

So this happened last night and "BirdieSanders" became one of the big trending topics on twitter:

The memes have been pretty funny.
Old March 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #57
Jerome

A few of the images floating around:

Bernie's New Logo

Bernie Sanders - Disney Princess

Gotta' Catch Em All

Hillary's Bird

This is just spot on
Old March 26th, 2016, 10:29 AM   #58
Jerome

Okay, one more

Hillary at the Pet Store
Old April 27th, 2016, 10:40 PM   #59
Jerome

Well, it looks like this time around most registered Democrats aren't ready for a progressive candidate.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 02:46 PM   #60
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
They're all in Indiana this week and yesterday the best thing ever happened. Cruz was having a meet and greet and a guy asked for a hand shake then hit him with the "Too slow, Joe!" and yanked his hand away. He then shouted at Cruz that he looks like a fish monster and is a terrible human being. It was the best.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 03:49 AM   #61
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: MarsupialJones

Games Owned: 149
What have you people done.....
Old May 4th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #62
fgarriel

fgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant futurefgarriel has a brilliant future

Games Owned: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by speKtor View Post
Hopefully either backdoor'ed John Kasich to be the Republican nominee or started the next civil war.
fgarriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #63
Jerome

Quote:
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

In all seriousness though, this is an embarrassment.
Old May 4th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #64
speKtor

speKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond reputespeKtor has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that Donald Trump is going to be one of 2 candidates for POTUS. Donald Trump.

How? Like, seriously. How? How can that many people think this is a good idea? I'm so blown away I dont even know how to put my disbelief into words. I think I would be less dumbfounded if a cat had been selected as the Republican Nominee.
Old May 5th, 2016, 04:23 PM   #65
Erbs

Erbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond reputeErbs has a reputation beyond repute

Live!: Erbs

Games Owned: 3
Send a message via AIM to Erbs Send a message via MSN to Erbs
Cory Booker for President in 2020.

"I just didn't realize that freaks like Xeo had been busy building shrines in their bedrooms to the God of PGR2 before I started criticising the game." - DG

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Ghosts_o...ex.php?act=idx
Erbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2016, 08:36 AM   #66
Jerome

Quote:
I cannot wrap my mind around the idea that Donald Trump is going to be one of 2 candidates for POTUS. Donald Trump.

How? Like, seriously. How? How can that many people think this is a good idea? I'm so blown away I dont even know how to put my disbelief into words. I think I would be less dumbfounded if a cat had been selected as the Republican Nominee.
Yesterday New York News & Politics had an article that sums it up. The opening paragraph:

Quote:
Why did almost everybody fail to predict Donald Trump’s victory in the Republican primaries? Nate Silver blames the news media, disorganized Republican elites, and the surprising appeal of cultural grievance. Nate Cohn lists a number of factors, from the unusually large candidate field to the friendly calendar. Jim Rutenberg thinks journalism strayed too far from good old-fashioned shoe-leather reporting. Justin Wolfers zeroes in on Condorcet’s paradox. Here’s the factor I think everybody missed: The Republican Party turns out to be filled with idiots. Far more of them than anybody expected.
Old May 12th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #67
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Games Owned: 0
This is American politics. We elect people, not on the issues, but on appearances. Do you know who your county auditor is? Probably not. It was the guy who had the most colorful signs out of the streets last November. Low income people vote democratic. Wealthy people vote republican. The middle class sways every 8 years between the two.

Meaning Donald Trump will probably be the next president. People like him because he is not a politician. He isn't afraid to speak his mind without being P.C. and he has built a successful multi-billion dollar business. Whether or not that will make him a good president doesn't matter. Again, it's appearances.

On the flip side you have Hillary Clinton, a woman who not only already lost to Obama years back but also piggybacks off of her husband's success and is full of controversy.

Both parties are full of idiots. Most Americans aren't "stupid". They just don't care because they are smart enough to realize nothing changes. Politicians are like lawyers, you hate them all but you have to have them around.
Old May 13th, 2016, 05:45 AM   #68
speKtor

You're kind of contradicting yourself there. You say that people dont vote based on who is actually qualified or who would actually do a good job and instead just vote based on irrelevant things like his private business, how he talks or who has the brightest sign but then go on to insist that these voters also arent stupid. Those two ideas dont really jive

I'm sorry but if you are voting for someone for any political office because you like the way that he isnt afraid to insult people or because he happens to be the only guy running that belongs to the same party as you and dont care that he has zero qualifications for the job then you are, in fact, stupid.
Old May 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM   #69
Jerome

Quote:
I'm sorry but if you are voting for someone for any political office because you like the way that he isnt afraid to insult people or because he happens to be the only guy running that belongs to the same party as you and dont care that he has zero qualifications for the job then you are, in fact, stupid.
It's like when George W. Bush was running, and there was the whole thing about him being the "guy you wanted to have a beer with." If this was one of the metrics some people were using to measure the future POTUS, then I'm not really surprised its evolved into liking a candidate because he isn't afraid to insult people... well, as long as those people are minorities, women and other politicians.
Old May 15th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #70
Pahn

And clearly no qualifications, so but for a few billion dollars, that could be you or me there!
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:43 AM   #71
speKtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
And clearly no qualifications, so but for a few billion dollars, that could be you or me there!
There is even some questions about whether he has the few billion dollars or not.

The more I read about Trump and his businesses they more I get the impression that he is a pretty good example of what not to do. A smart investor/businessman would likely be many times richer than Trump if given the same opportunities. Hell, by most reports he would be much, much richer had he simply invested his money in a basic mutual fund.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com/why-yo...-donald-trump/
Old June 7th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #72
Jerome

Soo... it looks like we're getting a Democratic candidate nobody trusts, who is under investigation by the FBI, and is practically a Republican... and a Republican candidate who is a racist and a narcissist, in court for running a fake University, and over a decade ago seemed like a Democrat.

Enjoy, America!
Old July 27th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #73
Jerome

Well now it's official... this is the worst group of candidates, that the two major parties have put forth, since I started voting.
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:59 PM   #74
Vid Gamer

Vid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of lightVid Gamer is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: BizzyBum
PSN: BizzyBum
Steam: BizzyBum

Games Owned: 375
I'm still in shock Trump got this far, let alone leading the polls.

Really interested in seeing the debates. I feel Hillary will have the upper hand in those.
Vid Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2016, 12:49 PM   #75
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Gamer View Post
I'm still in shock Trump got this far, let alone leading the polls.

Really interested in seeing the debates. I feel Hillary will have the upper hand in those.
Ya fucking think? Let's see, accomplished statesperson known for being cool under pressure debating someone who can't help but speak aloud whatever bullshit he just thought up and who has shown himself, repeatedly, to not be able to talk to a woman without making himself look like a complete and utter jackass. If I'm Paul Manafort or anyone on Trump's senior staff I lay awake every goddamned night dreading debates between him and Hillary. I legitimately think he will come up with a laundry list of excuses as to why he can't debate her and try to make it look like her fault as much as possible because he cannot stand on stage with her and come away looking like anything less than a fool.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: