ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Anime Boost
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime Boost There is a definite link between digital and drawn animation. Get your anime and other cartoon discussion here.

Old August 1st, 2001, 10:23 PM   #1
lightningflik

lightningflik is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 4
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via ICQ to lightningflik
Post What anime is everyone into right now?

Currently I'm into three, since i can't get my hands of all the eps i jump around

they are:

Dual
Bubble Gum Crisis 2040
Nadesico

------------------
Est Sularis Oth Mithas - My Honour Is My Life
lightningflik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:44 PM   #2
bumboy

bumboy has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Games Owned: 0
right now im trying to get inu yasha

ive seen dual but dont have all of it.

ive never seen BGC even though its been around for some time

i got all of nadesico but its in cruddy, but reliable .rm format

------------------
Help me.
bumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:46 PM   #3
Lunch_Meat

Lunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to all

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to Lunch_Meat Send a message via AIM to Lunch_Meat
Over the past few monthes I've been going through some of the old stuff that hasn't, and probably won't be licenced. Some of these are...

[*]Hana Yori Dango (Still have about 7-8 eps left in this 51 ep series)[*]Yawara (Seen 42 out of lots, but that's all thats been fansubbed)[*]Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (Seen 24, found out while typing this post that the rest (44eps) have been subtitled and on release at the fansubber I order from)[*]Mamotte Shugogetten (Seen 12, all thats been fansubbed)

More recently I've been finishing some other series that have been around for a while, and others just being released. Including...
[*]Cowboy Beebop[*]Battle Athletes (OAV + TV)[*]2 DVD's of Card Captor Sakura[*]1 DVD of Utena[*]1 DVD of Nadia

------------------
-Lunch_Meat
Studio-Pink
>WAI!<

[This message has been edited by Lunch_Meat (edited August 01, 2001).]
Old August 2nd, 2001, 09:56 AM   #4
lightningflik

lightningflik is an unknown quantity at this point

Games Owned: 4
Send a message via ICQ to lightningflik
i wanna see nadia

------------------
Est Sularis Oth Mithas - My Honour Is My Life
lightningflik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2001, 03:57 PM   #5
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Thumbs up

I think I may know where an utter chocking of Yawara! may be, Lunch_Meat, including some movies and specials. Our own hometown anime company AnimEigo did have it in the running as the series fans were petitioning over to be produced after the Macross originals, www.animeigo.com , however, it's been quite alot lately. I keep meaning to check out some Yawara!, the money, it just doesn't give itself to me like it should .

What am I into? Kodomo no Omacha is some rare kind of heroin, I love the episodes I've gotten through, something about that Sana.

Since I don't download episodes, and I'm not competitive about things, new anime is scarce for me , besides a few tapes I may see every once in a while.

I'd like to see Nuku Nuku Dash! the parts after the first four episodes, I can't find a touchable copy of any of that, and I like an anime I saw called MegaZone, but I'm still into Akira. No need swapping good shit for shit just 'cause it's new shit. Gundam gets me excited, too. Those 08th Team eps are some of the best anime I've ever 'n watchin'.

MS, I've thought about MS a bit, it's unknown to me what it's about and that's the way I like me anime. To recomend or not?

[This message has been edited by Z_E_R_O (edited August 02, 2001).]

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2001, 04:34 PM   #6
Lunch_Meat

Lunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to all

Unfortunately Zero, only the first four episodes of Nuku Nuku Dash have been subtitled, and its been that way for a while now. I don't know if anyone is working on them now, but I doubt it.

**EDIT** WAI! Sana-Chan!
------------------
-Lunch_Meat
Studio-Pink
>WAI!<

[This message has been edited by Lunch_Meat (edited August 02, 2001).]
Old August 2nd, 2001, 10:25 PM   #7
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Thumbs down

That sucks! Dash! is awesome.

...and I was wrong, it's Touch, but Yawara! was mentioned by or should I say to that mentioned company.

Old August 2nd, 2001, 11:24 PM   #8
Lunch_Meat

I found out there is a Patition for Animego to pick up the rights for Yawara! but I haven't heard anything about the company putting things into motion. I really hope they, or someone, picks it up because Yawara! is a Great series.

------------------
-Lunch_Meat
Studio-Pink
>WAI!<
Old August 3rd, 2001, 07:15 AM   #9
Z_E_R_O

Arrow

Bug the hell out of 'em , if you can. No, that won't work. The problem with AnimEigo is they are slow, slow and now, IMHO, unbearibly expensive. If they pick new series up, as many know from Macross, it's buyer support preorder and hope thousands order too so that you get a few dollars back even if you got enough for those DVDs in the first place . Interesting concept, huh?

Speaking of stuff to get into, where the hell is my Vampire Princess TV show? I thought she was coming to me in June, I can't find her on a list anywhere and a'nat! I'm ill, I've only watched 5 episodes, she's way up there.

Old August 3rd, 2001, 12:45 PM   #10
Cowboybebop

Cowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improveCowboybebop can only hope to improve

Games Owned: 102
Quote:
Originally posted by Lunch_Meat:
Unfortunately Zero, only the first four episodes of Nuku Nuku Dash have been subtitled, and its been that way for a while now. I don't know if anyone is working on them now, but I doubt it.

**EDIT** WAI! Sana-Chan!

Lunch if I sent you a hard drive could you load it up with goodies ? If so how big you can email me at
[email protected]
pleeeeaaassssse
------------------

[This message has been edited by Cowboybebop (edited August 03, 2001).]
Old August 3rd, 2001, 12:49 PM   #11
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 473
Games Wanted: 4
Thumbs up

...basically anything in the Gundam universe.

------------------
"The technique, depends mainly on arm and finger strength
Once you've mastered that, then the next step is to learn how to pierce stone
Well you might as well start practicing now
Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you-Do you know, the mantis legends?
How it was it all started?
It was fighting off this blackbird
Although it was only a tenth of the bird's size it was a very valiant insect
And that's why the technique, needs a brave man...
Mantis style isn't easy to learn
A mantis is small, but powerful
With it's arms, it can lift up many times it's own weight"

Syndicate

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited August 03, 2001).]

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2001, 01:32 PM   #12
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
ya ya ya I've been watching that seriously confusing Eva again. I one day hope to fully understand wat the hell is going on.... well at least to figure out MOST of it.

Other than that for my spare time I've been playing Diablo II and Counter-Strike DDDDDDDD

------------------
Excuse me... who are you?

[This message has been edited by Rico Suave (edited August 03, 2001).]
Old August 3rd, 2001, 05:22 PM   #13
Lunch_Meat

Rico: Sounds like me this past week too, though more CS than D2.

------------------
-Lunch_Meat
Studio-Pink
>WAI!<
Old August 11th, 2001, 07:28 PM   #14
TonyRX93

TonyRX93 is an unknown quantity at this point

About to finish up the last 2 discs of Trigun. After that, i'm gonna start watching Noir. And basically anything Gundam that I can get my hands on. Except maybe Wing.

------------------
TonyRX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2001, 12:23 AM   #15
pencil pusher

pencil pusher is on a distinguished roadpencil pusher is on a distinguished road

why not Gundam Wing?? the ending is cool.. the animation that is

------------------
"Now, Tybalt, take the villian back again that late thou gavest me; for Mercutio's soul is but a little way above our heads, staying for thine to keep him company. EITHER THOU, OR I, OR BOTH MUST GO WITH HIM!"
Old August 12th, 2001, 12:32 AM   #16
pencil pusher

pencil pusher is on a distinguished roadpencil pusher is on a distinguished road

right now im into:

nadesico (episode 19 to be exact)
gundam x (gundam double x, yea yea)
silent mobius (everyone on dc are stingy bizitches)
argento soma
ayashi no ceres
gate keepers (i like it alot for some reason... must be subliminal messages)
and inu yasha (

once again dc is full of stingy bizitches

o and im trying to get the better version of record of lodoss war from dc but no one has any free slots

------------------
"Now, Tybalt, take the villian back again that late thou gavest me; for Mercutio's soul is but a little way above our heads, staying for thine to keep him company. EITHER THOU, OR I, OR BOTH MUST GO WITH HIM!"
Old August 12th, 2001, 12:55 AM   #17
TonyRX93

Quote:
Originally posted by pencil pusher:
why not Gundam Wing?? the ending is cool.. the animation that is

Why not Wing? Well, Wing is possibly one of the worst Gundam anime ever made. It's a toss-up between 0083 and G-Saviour. Wing has annoying characters, bad art (compared to other Gundam anime) and the Gundams are near indestructible. I haven't seen G-Saviour, but i'm thinking it might be worse than Wing. Then again, what would you expect from a live-action Gundam movie?

------------------
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:09 AM   #18
Z_E_R_O

Arrow

There's nothing wrong with Wing, except maybe it was a longer series and was ON TV! Plus, it's the one that's out there in the new timeline, was it supposed to be like the other parts, no, but of all the Gundam, it's X. X is renegade, Mad Maxian , real ballsy kind of world that's forgotten its' technology. There is nothing wrong with Wing. Especially a few of the episodes of it are butter, like Attack on Barge, you don't like a Gundam Wing people, send me your Wing shit, I'll take 'em in . I could get ill, you can diss the live action shit and the miniseries deals that the wrong staffs made, like with that theme song from that one Gundam series(something about other anime are not anime, Gundam is anime, you seen those lyrics? That's capitilization, that shit has to of came from the 80s!), yes, thare are two really bad Gundam series, but look carefully they don't count.

GX!!!!!

Old August 12th, 2001, 12:13 PM   #19
TonyRX93

I'd rather watch 08th MS Team, Zeta, or even the original Mobile Suit Gundam than watch Wing. Wing just has boring unoriginal characters compared to the other series. I have nothing against the alternate universe Gundam series. I like Gundam Wing better than some other anime that i've seen (Amazing Nurse Nanako, Black Heaven...), it's just that it's one of the Gundam series I dislike the most. I like Gundam X, I have yet to see G Gundam and Turn A Gundam, but i'm sure i'll them much more than Wing.

------------------
Old August 12th, 2001, 05:35 PM   #20
Tamerlaine

Tamerlaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via ICQ to Tamerlaine
i finished the trigun series a few weeks ago...im gettin myself into Cowboy Bebop.

btw...i got my first try at virtual on in an arade today. fun...and i kicked brother's ass

------------------
Old August 12th, 2001, 07:36 PM   #21
pencil pusher

brother is called "one-san" in japanese.... amazing what things influence u.. like anime

------------------
Old August 14th, 2001, 02:47 AM   #22
Noodle

Noodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to beholdNoodle is a splendid one to behold

Games Owned: 24
Send a message via AIM to Noodle
Rurouni Kenshin
Old August 14th, 2001, 09:33 AM   #23
Black Butterfly

Black Butterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via ICQ to Black Butterfly
neon genesis evangelion

and i want to get into Saiyuki....

------------------
-Black Butterfly aka sekiria

"Today isn't your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either."
Old August 26th, 2001, 10:34 AM   #24
Apocalypse

Apocalypse can only hope to improveApocalypse can only hope to improve

I only like Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z, and
......thats it.

------------------
Don't run your fingers over my car and I won't run my car over your fingers.

Dinner at Hooters.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2001, 12:06 AM   #25
pencil pusher

was there really a cold hearted "killer" like heero in the other gundam series? (i put quotation marks over the word killer cause u never really see him kill and or assassinate someone.)

------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: