ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Anime Boost
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anime Boost There is a definite link between digital and drawn animation. Get your anime and other cartoon discussion here.

Old November 25th, 2001, 04:37 PM   #1
pencil pusher

pencil pusher is on a distinguished roadpencil pusher is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Post Y'ever stop and think...

if the japanese get tired of watching anime all the time?

if the japanese like our "western animation" like we like there "eastern animation"?

**to be continued**.....later

------------------
"Now, Tybalt, take the villian back again that late thou gavest me; for Mercutio's soul is but a little way above our heads, staying for thine to keep him company. EITHER THOU, OR I, OR BOTH MUST GO WITH HIM!"
Old November 25th, 2001, 06:47 PM   #2
Tamerlaine

Tamerlaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via ICQ to Tamerlaine
ive thought about the second one...just never any real deep thoughts......

------------------
Old November 26th, 2001, 04:07 PM   #3
pencil pusher

pencil pusher is on a distinguished roadpencil pusher is on a distinguished road

dont u find its wierd that that might happen?.. we think anime is the best but they must be hating it like hell.... its funny... still it doesnt really seem far fetched seeing as how (from what i know) that most of their media is anime driven.. unless otherwise

------------------
Omae wo kurosu...
Old November 26th, 2001, 05:10 PM   #4
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Arrow

Fans of anime are fans of anime, some come from closer to or where it comes from. Or should I say, otaku are otaku, some are closer to the source.

To knock-off the boredom issue first, I'm not bored. There are many things I "geek out" over to this day. Being 26, I've watched some anime over the years. All I can think of is the way some people can get all the anime they want, hundreds times what was available even just a few years ago to fans. There are anime more than countable, and some younger ones are into getting it all fast, so there may be more of burnout in the newer generation fans. As for getting bored, I could watch certain anime everyday, even the same episodes. If I like something, I never grow tired of it. How many times have I seen Star Wars? I couldn't tell you, but there are many many more folk that have watched it many many more times than I. There are dozens of movies I've seen at least a hundred times some of 'em. Comics, I've read some good comics over and over. TV, I watch Quantum Leap just about everyday, and have for a long time. Music, I would get on you people's nerves, bad! How many times can I listen to the Alice in Chains album Dirt? I haven't stopped yet, LOL! The boredom never ends. I'm also an enthusiast for the roller ride, there are some coasters that I have riden for years, repeatedly, and will always. Once something gives YOU that warm feeling, IT NEVER STOPS. I've met plenty the people about things as much, or usually way more than I. People in Japan can't be any different, we're all peeps. Sure, there are times where you need to close your eyes and look away from it all a little.

Just like fans of American animation, wether they be here, or they are Germans, or live in Mexico, or Japan, the reasons for enjoying it are the same. Mickey Mouse humor, Tom and Jerry. There's no saga going on there. It's like the Three Stooges or something. The genre is very appealing to people worldwide. American "icons" as I will call them, stick out and hold some prestige. Things like Coke, Levis, and Bugs Bunny. Even Batman.
American entertainment is very popular around the world, quite powerful. Ironic that in the region where the trouble is going on in the Mid East, that the movies most popular, are American flicks. But, I don't see fansubs of Justice League and Grim and Evil being the latest thing in Japan. Many American toons have been huge there, some that were not successful here(but that happens vice versa and everywhere with everything). I'm trying to be brief and say what I'm thinking, but I think it's in there .......

------------------
"I said, it's dodge ball time, bitch!" -Stormy

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2001, 05:31 PM   #5
sekiria

sekiria is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via ICQ to sekiria Send a message via AIM to sekiria Send a message via Yahoo to sekiria
well, there are fans of anime there as there are here, though i guess over there its more like a way of life. they see it everywhere! plus i think it might be more... intense lol
so whether or not they hate it they'll hafta see it SOMEWHERE everyday lol
but on whether or not they like stuff from here? that's somethin else to think about.
disney's influenced em, and music.. some of it anyway.. i think it just might be the same there as here somewhat. because when u think about it, anime is not such a huge thing as it could be here, lots don't know about it, and well, if we think that over there in japan they might be mostly oblivious to our animation, we could be wrong. we might just be thinking as the 'general' ppl do (like the ppl in america who dunno much bout anime), and there are actually fans there like here. but maybe its more major animation like superman/batman/spiderman stuff? i dunno..
i think that made sense... i hope..

------------------
sekiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2001, 08:16 PM   #6
Rico Suave

Rico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud ofRico Suave has much to be proud of

Live!: Karma Slave

Games Owned: 135
Send a message via AIM to Rico Suave
jeez.... All this thinkin stuff is startin to hurt.

------------------
Excuse me... who are you?
Old November 27th, 2001, 09:01 PM   #7
Lunch_Meat

Lunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to allLunch_Meat is a name known to all

Games Owned: 15
Send a message via ICQ to Lunch_Meat Send a message via AIM to Lunch_Meat
Don't break any gears Rico.

------------------
-Lunch_Meat
Studio-Pink
>WAI!<
Old November 28th, 2001, 12:11 AM   #8
Z_E_R_O

Z_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of lightZ_E_R_O is a glorious beacon of light

Arrow

An interesting sidenote to wether they get tired of anime, compare the number of new anime there currently & the number of anime five or six years ago. There are fewer offerings now. Granted, what comes out is of the highest quality(see FLCL & the Animation Runner(?)), & there is a return to portraying the female characters in less skimpish, stereotypical fanservice type fashion(they are at least more careful with it, compared to past & recent past). There has been a change in social attitudes, & culturism, brought on since thier new emperor. Many Japanese artists enjoy work in the US now, mainly because of a more appreciative crowd. Some things may finally be being seen as "dirty", & showing a lack in creative advancement, LOL. Some of these obstacles have been tossed in the way of the creators of the anime. IMO, they are pushing things these things, to new levels. They still have thier loyal followings. Things always go up & down in popularity as on the wide.
I'm also still not convinced they see it "everywhere". I saw a news article on the www.animenewsnetwork a couple months back, how there were no new EVA products scheduled for production for Japanese release. One product, a calendar, had been slated, then canned. A small sign, IMO.

------------------
"I said, it's dodge ball time, bitch!" -Stormy

I would just prefer it to be a sausagefest.
Z_E_R_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2001, 12:12 AM   #9
pencil pusher

yes YES I SE THE LIGHT ZERO!!! thats all true... and it seems u have instilled a newlove for anime within me.... MUWHAHAHHAHAHAAAA I SHALL WATCH THIS TILL THE END OF TIME!!!! great great GREAT GRRRRREAT!!! >.)

------------------
Omae wo kurosu...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: