ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > ConsoleCity > General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General ConsoleCity's general discussion forum, post anything and everything here.

Old August 19th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #1
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 2081
Games Wanted: 213
Question Is anyone here pretty much done with modern consoles?

Or at least in no hurry to stay current, anyway? I almost never game anymore, mainly because I just don't really have the time. I still enjoy the hobby, but between my massive backlog and limited free time I just have zero incentive to upgrade to a current gen system.

Actually, I have a WiiU, but I don't really count that for some reason or another. The only thing I play on it is Mario Kart 8, which I play more than anything. I'm not just in absolutely no hurry to get or play an XBONE or a PS4. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Old August 19th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #2
AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe is on a distinguished roadAnimeJoe is on a distinguished road

Games Owned: 405
Games Wanted: 2
Send a message via AIM to AnimeJoe
That's why I love the 3DS and PS Vita. Gaming anywhere, anytime. I don't have a PS4 and Xbox One yet. I always thought I'd focus on clearing my crazy PS3 and Xbox 360 backlog before moving on to the current generation consoles but I've pretty much abandoned that gameplan since I haven't made any progress in clearing that backlog because it's hard to find the time to do so.

I was a little concerned about my lack of gaming a few months ago as I went through a longer than usual stretch without playing anything, but I've been working on that by playing 3DS and Vita games. If the arcade market was alive and well in the US I wouldn't go through long stretches without playing anything.

Last edited by AnimeJoe : August 19th, 2015 at 11:42 PM.
AnimeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #3
CAPninja

CAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really niceCAPninja is just really nice

Live!: King Barf

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
I don't really see a point in console gaming with how far PC gaming has come. Gaming on a console just feels like a step backwards.
CAPninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 07:58 AM   #4
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
I'm in the same boat as aeon in terms of time. It's why I'm excited for windows 10 and ability to play on my surface in my bed like animejoe mentioned. Sadly I'm so busy I haven't had time to set it up Haha.

Also I think there's plenty of reason to still buy consoles. I don't enjoy pc gaming, I don't want to sit at a desk with a mouse and keyboard.

Anywho I'm hoping as I finish up all my projects I'll be able to find more free time. Especially as the baby grows too.

Fall = football and gaming I hope.

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 09:17 AM   #5
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
I don't get to game as much as I use to, but I do have the opportunity to put in a couple hours each night, once the kids are in bed, and if I don't have other things I want/need to do.

I did buy an Xbox One, which is my only current gen system at the moment, but I could have probably gotten by with sticking with the 360 for another year, considering my backlog.
Old August 20th, 2015, 08:58 PM   #6
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I have a PS4 that I've never played. Seriously. I've booted it up, but I've never played anything on it.

I knew I wasn't going to be too interested in it, but I bought it to help out a couple friends. Expensive favor.

I'm honestly more interested in the Xbone at this point, weird as that sounds. There are a few exclusives that would get me playing games again. Sunset Overdrive and Crackdown 3, namely. But until I can get one cheap as free, I won't be getting one.

Starting next week, I'm switching to a four 10's work schedule, so maybe my Fridays off will give me a bit more time to play. I'm not counting on it though, since my kid won't allow that shit.

Last edited by Pahn : August 20th, 2015 at 09:01 PM.
Pahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 08:35 AM   #7
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to allDirtySanchez is a name known to all

Live!: TheDirtyOne

Games Owned: 71
Send a message via ICQ to DirtySanchez Send a message via AIM to DirtySanchez
The last console I bought was a Wii. I went PC a decade ago at never looked back.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM   #8
Syndicate

Syndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud ofSyndicate has much to be proud of

Live!: Syn Zero
PSN: SynZero-00

Games Owned: 461
Games Wanted: 4
...I'm in no way done w/console gaming. I picked up a Wii U a while back, a XB1 about 2-months ago, and I plan on getting a PS4 this holiday. I don't have the time I used to so I split my gaming time (evenings and weekends) across the Wii U, 360, PS3, and XB1. It takes me a while to work through games, but I'm cool w/that. I was hoping my kids may pick gaming up as a hobby as well, but it hasn't happened just yet. I'm interested in getting back into PC gaming, but it's sort of a stretch goal if you will.

"There's one party in Washington. It's the party of money."
David Cay. Johnston

"...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead."
Phil 3:13

Current Game Rotation - Forza Horizon 3, Forza Motorsport 6, Firewatch, Halo:MCC XB1 | Phantasy Star 360 | PS3 | The Wonderful 101, The Legend of Zelda, Guacamelee: STCE Wii U
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:34 PM   #9
CarlosRE3

CarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of lightCarlosRE3 is a glorious beacon of light

Live!: GTKyle5
PSN: GTKyle5
Steam: GTKyle5

Games Owned: 198
Games Wanted: 1
I got Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One, find myself always turning back to PC games

I Hate Capcom.
CarlosRE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 03:34 PM   #10
Shaolin

Shaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond reputeShaolin has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 92
Send a message via ICQ to Shaolin Send a message via Yahoo to Shaolin
Limited time, little energy and a massive backlog means no real drive for the new consoles. This will probably change when No Man's Sky comes out.

Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:21 PM   #11
Aeon Storm

Aeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond reputeAeon Storm has a reputation beyond repute

Well, my sister-in-law and nephew live with us now (temporarily, I hope), and he's 10 and has a PS4 (and a 360). I need to set up his PSN account, but he doesn't have anything I'm interested in playing. He only plays GTA and racing games...oh, and Minecraft. Jesus that's a boring ass pointless game. How is this game popular on consoles? Not the PC mods, but the base console game.

Last edited by Aeon Storm : August 30th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
Aeon Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2015, 07:39 PM   #12
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
I've never been a big online gamer so it does not make much sense to purchase games when they are first released at full price. Between my backlog of unplayed games I own, $10-$15 games that I still want to buy, and having games that I enjoyed so much I plan on playing again there is no reason for me to purchase a new console.
Old August 31st, 2015, 03:12 PM   #13
turningpoint

turningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond reputeturningpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to turningpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon Storm View Post
Well, my sister-in-law and nephew live with us now (temporarily, I hope), and he's 10 and has a PS4 (and a 360). I need to set up his PSN account, but he doesn't have anything I'm interested in playing. He only plays GTA and racing games...oh, and Minecraft. Jesus that's a boring ass pointless game. How is this game popular on consoles? Not the PC mods, but the base console game.
Enjoy the 10 year old you'll miss playing games with him when he's gone.

Anyways yeah I can't stand Minecraft and I think he'd probably enjoy GTA online, but not sure why a 10 year old is playing GTA.....

turningpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 03:28 AM   #14
Diamond W

Diamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished roadDiamond W is on a distinguished road

I have no plans on buying XB1 or PS4 until the kids start clamoring for it... Not that I game less, but I almost only play PC games nowadays. There are just so much more and diverse games (especially with the rise of the indie developers) on the PC that I have no time for console games. Also, it doesn't help that I have only one TV, and that is usually occupied by my 6-year-old playing Skylanders.... The PC I get to have to myself.
Here were produced rubbishy newspapers containing almost nothing except sport, crime and astrology, sensational five-cent novelettes, films oozing with sex, and sentimental songs which were composed entirely by mechanical means...

- GEORGE ORWELL, Nineteen Eighty-Four, about the Ministry of Truth
Diamond W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2015, 06:01 AM   #15
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
I think the Wii U is the only real console left, XB1 and PS4 are really just dumbed down versions of PC Gaming. Sure they have exclusives, but they are lucky there are no PC versions of them. The Wii U on the other hand has managed to keep the feel of consoles of yesteryear: the quality of their proprietary shit, ease of use (yet complex as you delve deeper) and the fact that you don't have to install every game is great. I have fallen back in love with 2d side scrollers Mario Wii U, Maker, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's wooly world... all look and play incredible!
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #16
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Wii U is stealth best console. PoS4 and XB1 suck I only got them because I play with a bunch of losers who wont upgrade their PC. We know PC is where the cool kids play.
Old November 12th, 2015, 05:36 PM   #17
Intruderb

Intruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud ofIntruderb has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 420
Games Wanted: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
Wii U is stealth best console. PoS4 and XB1 suck I only got them because I play with a bunch of losers who wont upgrade their PC. We know PC is where the cool kids play.
Having to download and install every game on the xbone and still having to insert the disc to play was the final straw for me. Sure I could get digital copies of each, but six/seven games I was already juggling HD space. To play one game Id have to uninstall a game and download one at 50 GB's

f that, what a stupid model
... first, your dick is going to TOUCH hairy man ass, second your dick is going to PENETRATE hairy man ass, and lastly you're going to have to FUCK hairy man ass until you nut. What if he starts fucking you back? What if the dude starts groaning? Hairy man ass groaning?
Intruderb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:35 PM   #18
Aeon Storm

Wait, you have to install XBONE games? Really?
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #19
erp

erp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura abouterp has a spectacular aura about

PSN: nittynittsters

Games Owned: 190
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. For years console gamers have generally acknowledged that a PC was technically superior however we preferred consoles due to the simplicity of not having to install games or program a controller. Just pop it in and play. It seems to defeat the purpose of owning a console.
Old November 16th, 2015, 06:13 PM   #20
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Yes, and they are HUGE and SLOW on the Xbox One. I don't play mine very much but I know several people who have to manage their installs by deleting them because they're running out of space even with a relatively small game library.
Old November 16th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #21
Ibe6yoube9

Ibe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these partsIbe6yoube9 is infamous around these parts

Live!: threeleggedcow
PSN: ibe6yoube9

Quote:
Originally Posted by erp View Post
I was thinking the same thing. For years console gamers have generally acknowledged that a PC was technically superior however we preferred consoles due to the simplicity of not having to install games or program a controller. Just pop it in and play. It seems to defeat the purpose of owning a console.
I never heard any console gamers saying stuff about installing. It's a one-time process that helps in the long run and space isn't much of an issue on a PC either. I just remember bragging about cheaper hardware, less bugs, sitting on a couch with a bigger screen and not being tied down with a mouse and keyboard

The downfalls to installs on the consoles are that they take forever, even though you can usually start a game while it's still in progress, and your space is limited.
Old November 17th, 2015, 09:01 PM   #22
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibe6yoube9 View Post
I never heard any console gamers saying stuff about installing. It's a one-time process that helps in the long run and space isn't much of an issue on a PC either. I just remember bragging about cheaper hardware, less bugs, sitting on a couch with a bigger screen and not being tied down with a mouse and keyboard

The downfalls to installs on the consoles are that they take forever, even though you can usually start a game while it's still in progress, and your space is limited.
All those things are still the case.
Old November 17th, 2015, 09:04 PM   #23
The Krakken

The Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond reputeThe Krakken has a reputation beyond repute

Games Owned: 46
And i game mostly now about once every 10 days as a stress release. Otherwise its a family past time (Wii U), Xbone (Lego games) with my son. He's 4.
Old November 20th, 2015, 04:42 PM   #24
Pahn

Pahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond reputePahn has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: ivangimpo

Games Owned: 219
Send a message via AIM to Pahn
I still haven't played my PS4. It's not even hooked up.

But once I finish Dragon's Dogma and Dark Cloud 2, I'll probably hook it up to play Dragon's Age Inquisition.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:26 PM   #25
Jerome

Jerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud ofJerome has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 95
My oldest is started to get into gaming more, which is cool. She's actually enjoying playing our Dreamcast more than anything else (Soul Calibur, Virtua Tennis, and a couple others), so the two of us will play multiplayer, and it's fun.

I'm still playing the Xbox One when I can though. I finished the Halo 5 campaign, and have played some Warzone, but still haven't been able to devote more time to the other multiplayer game modes. With Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, the new Crackdown, Halo Wars 2, and several other games coming out in 2016, I'm definitely looking forward to more gaming. Well, I'm not sure Halo Wars 2 is coming out in 2016, but hopefully it is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: