ConsoleCity Forums  

Go Back   ConsoleCity Forums > CC Archive > Sony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sony They've led sales in the last console generation and are working on the next with the PS3. Will that and the PSP keep them moving at the top of the pack? Discuss it here.

Old October 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #51
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

Games Owned: 0
Games Wanted: 0
Send a message via AIM to Gamblor
I took down that red-eyed knight with no problems last night. He wilted before my flaming winged spear. He dropped 2090 souls.

If anybody below level 20 wants easy points, go into the Archstone of the Shadowmen or whatever the fuck its called...the first enemy is relatively easy and gives you 300 souls each time.
Gamblor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #52
Indra

Indra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud ofIndra has much to be proud of

Angry

what's up with these jeweled lizard things? I've missed TWO already. Do they re-appear? Can the items the drop be found elsewhere? If not, that's fucking gay. I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.

~Bill Hicks
Indra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #53
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Ya they pop back up lol
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:02 PM   #54
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Games Owned: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indra View Post
what's up with these jeweled lizard things? I've missed TWO already. Do they re-appear? Can the items the drop be found elsewhere? If not, that's fucking gay. I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.

Some of the lizards drop rare ores. Most drop common stuff. There's 4 or 5 spawn points for lizards in each world. You'll see a lizard at each spawn point, but once you kill one or if it runs away, than one lizard is gone until the end of the game. Each world starts with 1 lizard and you get an extra one every time you kill a boss demon. Yeah, it's kinda of messed up.

To kill a lizard, you approach it wearing a thief's ring and you shoot it with arrows before it detects you. It takes me 2 hits to off one, so I shoot 2 arrows without waiting to see if the first one hit.

Nothing special in the first world, but in 2-1, there's a lizard that drops spiderstones standing in front of bunch of rock hurling miners. It's right passed a workshop after the second fog.

The first lizard in the third world is pretty easy. I'm still trying to spot one in the 4th one.

The spiderstones are rare drops for some of the second world creatures. They are used to make a sticky bow.
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #55
scottt

scottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to allscottt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
I took down that red-eyed knight with no problems last night. He wilted before my flaming winged spear. He dropped 2090 souls.

If anybody below level 20 wants easy points, go into the Archstone of the Shadowmen or whatever the fuck its called...the first enemy is relatively easy and gives you 300 souls each time.
After the first boss on that world, try shooting a Grim Reaper with arrows. You get 2000+ souls for the reaper + souls for each of the shadowmen he had summoned.
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:26 AM   #56
-Tetsuo-

-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light-Tetsuo- is a glorious beacon of light

Lots of Black Phantom action today, both from me invading and getting invaded. Now I'm addicted to invading peoples games and trying to set up the nastiest ambushes possible. I also got into a 30 minute game of cat and mouse with a guy. So intense and so fun.
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #57
Sergei

Sergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.
Hello, new sig.

Quote:
I have no issues with a difficult game, but to deny me sweet weapon upgrades because Im not constantly walking around with a bow and arrow drawn ready shoot a fucking gecko that may or may not be around the next corner at any given moment is absolutely retarded.
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:52 AM   #58
scottt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Hello, new sig.
The worst that can happen to you is a that a black phantom invades your game and kills your lizards.

Anyway, I find the lizards pretty minor compared to the white/black world/character tendencies.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #59
Gamblor

Gamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud ofGamblor has much to be proud of

I'm pretty comfortable in saying that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

I'm sitting here at work craving more.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #60
Gamblor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tetsuo- View Post
Lots of Black Phantom action today, both from me invading and getting invaded. Now I'm addicted to invading peoples games and trying to set up the nastiest ambushes possible. I also got into a 30 minute game of cat and mouse with a guy. So intense and so fun.
I have yet to experience a black phantom. I haven't been in body-form in a longass time though. I'm not sure if that matters.
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #61
-Tetsuo-

Ya u have to be alive to get invaded.
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #62
-Tetsuo-

Quote:
I'm pretty comfortable in saying that this is one of the best games I've ever played.

I'm inclined to agree with you. It certainly is the best PS3 game.
Old October 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #63
Pugwash

Pugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura about

Live!: MrJ

Games Owned: 67
I canceled the Canadian copy and got a second hand Asian copy from another forum. I just need to find time to play the game.
Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #64
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Quote:
I'm inclined to agree with you. It certainly is the best PS3 game.
Fuck you...

Quote:

...and fuck you.

I should have just stayed out of this thread but NO...I went and picked this game up over lunch.

My first PS3 game. I swear, it better be good. The art book and soundtrack CD are a nice bonus.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #65
Pugwash

Pugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura aboutPugwash has a spectacular aura about

Live!: MrJ

Games Owned: 67
err, wow!
Pugwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #66
-Tetsuo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart Gamer View Post
Fuck you...

...and fuck you.

I should have just stayed out of this thread but NO...I went and picked this game up over lunch.

My first PS3 game. I swear, it better be good. The art book and soundtrack CD are a nice bonus.

So...

How's that working out lol
Old October 16th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #67
Sergei

Sergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant futureSergei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Fuck you...

...and fuck you.

Good for me it's not out in Europe, and won't be for a while.

Quote:
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #68
-Tetsuo-

This shit just continuously surprises me with it's greatness. What a fucking game From Software has released and I hope it gets them millions of sales.

To think, both Microsoft and Sony approached From Software for an exclusive. Sony got this, of course, and MS got Ninja Blade. Damn.
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:03 AM   #69
scottt

Quote:
I have yet to experience a black phantom. I haven't been in body-form in a longass time though. I'm not sure if that matters.
That's the whole thing. Phantoms can join you game only if you're alive. I killed the Idol and got my body back. I got invaded within 5 minutes.

I absolutely recommend farming that reaper. 6000+ souls a pop and I can kill him in less than a minute since he's right by the 4-2 archstone.

Try invading in the tower (3-1), something special happens there.

That was a real WTF moment for me and I got a bunch of loot out of it.

Last edited by scottt : October 16th, 2009 at 05:24 AM.
scottt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #70
-Tetsuo-

I'm ripping Black Phantoms apart left and right now that I have my moonlight sword. They come up with their heavy shields and the sword completely ignores all shields. So awesome.
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #71
scottt

Quote:
I'm ripping Black Phantoms apart left and right now that I have my moonlight sword. They come up with their heavy shields and the sword completely ignores all shields. So awesome.
Isn't that just because their shields don't block magic?
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #72
-Tetsuo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottt View Post
Isn't that just because their shields don't block magic?
The sword is incorporeal, blade is made of light or something like that. Even with other swords that do magic damage, it can still be block and you can still be thrown off balance. the moonlight sword just goes straight through any defense.
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #73
scottt

Well, there's a unique sword called Blind that goes through defense like that, but I don't see anything special with moonlight items except the s magic rating. I have a winged moonlight spear +4. I don't use it much because it does not regenerate magic, but I have an attack of 300+ with it.

For a shield to block magic it has to be modified with darkmoonlight to become a dark shield.

Anyway, still having a blast with this game.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 11:09 PM   #74
Old Fart Gamer

Old Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond reputeOld Fart Gamer has a reputation beyond repute

PSN: Big_Daddy_OFG

Games Owned: 18
Finally got a chance to play this and it's creepy cool.

~Moon Tears

"Live and let live."

Logan Douglas Hannan
1/1/2006 - 3/10/2006
Rest in peace, little man.
Old Fart Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #75
scottt

Quote:
Finally got a chance to play this and it's creepy cool.
It gets a lot creepier. Dark undergrounds passages with giant monsters blocking the way, haunted prison cells with tortured bodies hanging everywhere, dark levels lit with torches and bonfires, poisonous swamps, skeleton inhabited castle ruins where dark reapers lurk, giant towers rising over a desecrated cathedral, etc, ....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: